Brave Shield Issue

Hi.

Description of the issue:
Brave shield blocks too much things. A lot of things don’t work in Brave with shield ON but works when I turn off the Shield or if I try in google Chrome.

I love Brave. It really has a good concept. But Brave Shields needs to be improved.
Is there a way to FULLY disable Brave Shields. I want to use uBlock Origins instead.
I didn’t find the option.

Thanks.

It’s because Brave Shield is more than just an ad blocker – it have other protections included.

You can adjust your shield settings. Per site. Or globally. https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001053072-Shields

Or report the broken site here or via Menu > Report a broken site (desktop).

1 Like

Thanks for answer.

I already tweaked the parameters of Brave Shield but it’s still blocking things.
Is there a way to completely disable it ? Globally.

You can change and disable all protections via Settings > Shields.

Can you share an example site/s? @fanboynz can help to take a look on the issue.

1 Like

What is the site you’re having issue with?

1 Like

One time with a torrent download URL (not a magnet), another time with a Google Drive download URL and on some site when I was browsing. I’m sorry I don’t have the URLs anymore…

If you come across issues, that are easily reproducible, just report them here… I can take a look, see what I can do.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.