Brave Shield Icon

Hello

I’m amazed at how good this browser is, it really has everything I was hoping for when leaving behind my customized Firefox.

There is one thing I would like to see different, Brave has an icon in the URL bar called Brave Shield Icon, it allows you to change shield settings for ads, cookies, etc. I don’t think there is something wrong with all this, and I like the stats it shows me at a fresh tab.

What I find odd is the number shown on the Brave Shield Icon, it shouldn’t show that if you’d ask me. I don’t care if it just blocked 6 scrips and 4 ads, the whole reason why I use Brave is for it to function without me being bothered about those things. So either remove the counting on the icon or make it possible for me to disable the visual counting on the icon. I’ll see the stats at the beautiful fresh page display but not every time I’m surfing on a site.

Thanks for using Brave and for writing this feedback, @netgeogate.

Can you share your Brave version first? Under Menu > About Brave.

If you’re on 0.25.x, this setting can be found under Preferences > Shields > Number on badge

If you’re on 0.55.x and up, this version have no this option yet.

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you, than I’ll have to wait because the version is;

Version 0.55.20 Chromium: 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi there,
me too I’m very interested in being able to turn off the number showing on the Brave Shield Icon.

I’m on Version 0.58.16 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit).

The changing number on the shield icon is in my eyes an unnecessary distraction.

I’m well aware that this is not a major concern, but I’d love to be able to get rid of those numbers.
Hope this feature is gonna be added in the near future.

Cheers