Brave shield icon obscures the first or more characters from the beginning of the address bar

Description of the Issue:

The Brave shield icon in the address bar obscures the first letter or more of the URL address.

The attached screenshot shows that:

Cause of the Issue:

Simply, the problem occurs when Android system language is Arabic.

Arabic is a right-to-left language, which means that the Brave interface, for example, turns right-to-left layout as well.

The Brave shield icon in the address bar doesn’t seem to fit the right-to-left layout; It obscures one or more characters from the beginning of the URL address.

How can this issue be reproduced?:

Change Android system language to Arabic, launch Brave Browser, open any URL (ex: www.community.brave.com), and you’ll see the Brave shield icon that obscures the first or more characters of the beginning of the address bar.

Additional Information:

Brave 1.31.90, Chromium 95.0.4638.69 (Latest stable release for now)

System Language: Arabic

This is a real issue that occurs with all Brave users in the Arab world. The Arabic language is the fourth most popular language spoken in the world.

I have clearly presented all aspects of the problem, and I hope it will be resolved in a future update.

What I’ve noticed recently, that the Brave shield icon in the address bar completely obscures the HTTPS secure lock icon, What makes this issue necessary to solve it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.