Brave shield icon obscures the first or more characters from the beginning of the address bar

Description of the Issue:

The Brave shield icon in the address bar obscures the first letter or more of the URL address.

The attached screenshot shows that:

Cause of the Issue:

Simply, the problem occurs when Android system language is Arabic.

Arabic is a right-to-left language, which means that the Brave interface, for example, turns right-to-left layout as well.

The Brave shield icon in the address bar doesn’t seem to fit the right-to-left layout; It obscures one or more characters from the beginning of the URL address.

How can this issue be reproduced?:

Change Android system language to Arabic, launch Brave Browser, open any URL (ex: www.community.brave.com), and you’ll see the Brave shield icon that obscures the first or more characters of the beginning of the address bar.

Additional Information:

Brave 1.31.90, Chromium 95.0.4638.69 (Latest stable release for now)

System Language: Arabic

This is a real issue that occurs with all Brave users in the Arab world. The Arabic language is the fourth most popular language spoken in the world.

I have clearly presented all aspects of the problem, and I hope it will be resolved in a future update.

What I’ve noticed recently, that the Brave shield icon in the address bar completely obscures the HTTPS secure lock icon, What makes this issue necessary to solve it.