Brave shield Global settings resets!

Description of the issue: I always use Brave shields in extreme settings (Aggressive and strict) to eradicate the Ads and Fingerprints in the connected webpages. Recently I noticed a strange behavior with the shield. Whenever I try to browse the Webpages, it shows the embedded ads in it. So I checked the brave shield to confirm the settings. Surprisingly it configured for standard block even though I changed the Global settings to act strict to the respective fields. I tried so many time to revert it back, But it only works for a specific period of time! It resets always…

Brave Version: 1.23.75 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: Windows 10, OS Version 2009 (Build 19042.906)

Hello @TRILOK

go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData and make sure that on exit you did not check site and shield setting

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does that affect my rewards data? And thanks for the reply pal! :slightly_smiling_face:

No, that doesn’t affect your rewards.

1 Like

An alternate code to clear the browsing history and stuff! Lol… :joy: Tried that too! it’s not resolved by that way.

My bad! Didn’t realized those codes at first glance. :grimacing:

do you mean that your global shield setting reset to standard after restart ?

Yes! It’s like when you notice embedded ads in pages (Which is not there in regular usage with strict behavior) and when you click on the shield icon it’s says ad blocking set to standard even though the global settings configured to extreme level. I did not setup any individual exceptions/rules for any web pages to opt out ! These kinda anomalies started after the final update of the public version.

not sure if that the case or not

the global setting are set for sites that does not already has shield setting

to make sure could you create new profile then set the gloabl shield setting to whatever you like
then go to the site you like and see if it work fine or not then close brave then open it again and make sure to open that new profile and check your site again and see if it work fine or not?

Sure, will try this! Dunno if it’s a profile thing. Bcoz if it’s a profile related problem, it should be there before!

could the old profile get corrupted some how but i am not sure