brave://settings/siteData not showing. some sites not working

Some sites don’t work eg ebay, I get Aw Snap, Code hung error or the just dont load.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Sites work in private window
  2. Sites work in different log on profile

Version 1.44.105 Chromium: 106.0.5249.91 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I have a while ago made some changes to the preferences via the terminal, but am embarrassed to say I forgot what they were, but I think it might have to do with it.

1 Like

Hello there @ted22 could you please try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue? As those websites load in private window, an extension could be interfering with them.

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu icon_MM.pngMore toolsExtensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.

YES!
Thanks, I only had 3 extensions, 1 honey coupons, google translate and a musical keyboard, removed them all 3 and at least one of the pages that did not work before works again.
I will try the other sites and look for any other weird things, but this seemed to have fixed it now. Thanks again.

1 Like

Glad to hear that you are able to load those sites again, if you have any other concerns, please let me know or post another topic on our community so we can further assist you!

Regards. :lion:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.