Brave + sessions crashes on linux shutdown

Description of the issue:
Iḿ using Brave on linux (Solus) with newest version and if I shutdown/restart my Laptop Brave shows me that the session are crashed. This doesn’t happen when I close Brave before and restart the PC then. Brave starts up normal on the last session.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Open Brave Browser
Open some tabs and surf
Shut down the System without closing Brave before
Open Brave when ever the system is up again
See that the session need to be restored because it’s broken when Brave is not closed on the X-Window-Button.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Brave can’t load the previous session - only by hitting the RESTORE button.

Expected result:
Brave just opens up normal with my last session open.
I also would expect that there is no “RESTORE SESSION” on failure because this should be tried by default at least once and then say sth. like “session broken and can’t be restored”.

Reproduces how often:
Every time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Linux: Solus 4.0 using Kernel 5.2 x64
UI-Framework: Gnome+Budgie UI for Linux
Brave: Version 0.68.131 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Offizieller Build) unknown (64-Bit)

Additional Information:

@LenglBoy,
To confirm, when you get the Restore previous session message and click on Restore, your session does come back correctly?

Exactly. The button does appear each time and it’s able to restore everything successfully.
That’s why I wonder why it appears or doesn’t try it once by default in the background.

@LenglBoy,
I believe that this is the intended behavior – to open a new browser window and prompt you to restore your previous session. I believe this is in place so that if you were to visit a site that causes the browser to crash or contains harmful/malicious content, you don’t inadvertently revisit that site upon opening the browser again.

I’ve testes multiple sessions with single and different pages.
All of them causing this behavior.
I think it’s my OS forcing close on everything before shuting down/restarting.

So now it’s possible to blame the OS or maybe change the browser behaviour the way that it doesn’t matter how/when/… it’s closed and everything is working fine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.