Brave Search Not Working On My Laptop

Brave Search is no longer working on my laptop, with pages refusing to load. The issue persists on Brave 1.41.100, Firefox 103, as well as Gnome Web 42.3. Brave search works fine on my phone, on both Firefox Fenix and Brave; and works fine on my partner’s laptop. It also works when I have my VPN service turned on. I have not made any changes to my firewall or changed any settings prior to the issue.

Brave 1.41.100

Fedora 36 Silverblue

1 Like

Thanks for writing in. Can you share a screen recording of what you’re seeing? Is it happening for all queries or only certain ones?

Hi, thanks so much for getting back to me. So for roughly the last two days Brave Search hasn’t been working at all specifically on this laptop and I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix the issue (router and laptop restarts; different browsers; new browser profiles; playing with firewalld, virtual machines, etc) . Suddenly it’s now working again as normal not ten minutes after making this post as a last resort.

Thank you again for your timely response, it’s much appreciated - I wish I could relay what the issue was and how it was resolved but I’m stumped.

1 Like

Hi @Secrecy0611, thanks for the update. Great to hear that it’s now working as expected. Please keep me posted if the issue reappears. Thank you!