Brave search engine stuck on microsoft bing

Does the same issue occur in the other profile?

What if you create a new profile and try it in that one?

Also, Is any antivirus or other security software installed? If so, which one? You should probably use it to run a full scan, and an “offline” scan if possible.

The issue don’t appear on a another profile. Where can I do a full scan?

If you click into the address bar, then type :g then hit [space], you should see the following in the address bar:

Can you confirm that that is the case? Further, if you search from here, does it search via Google?

You may need to clear your cache/data for all time in the browser. Either that or something else is controlling what your default search is inside that profile (ie an extension).

Even using :g, it still redirects me to microsoft bing and I know that extensions is not the problem.

:point_up_2:t5:

Like Mattches says, I think something in that profile is controlling it.

If you can export/import your Bookmarks and passwords be done with it, you always have the option of creating a new profile and using that one going forward; and deleting the ‘problematic’ one.

I would like to transfer my bookmarks and cookies to a another profile, is that possible?

@Oceanshu,
If you’re going to transfer that data to another profile anyway, it may be worth disabling your extension on your main profile first to check and ensure that one of them is not causing the issue.

Additionally, Bookmarks and passwords can be exported/imported easily, but there is no easy/straight forward way to move cookies from one profile to another without taking everything else with it.

I just want to transfer the bookmarks and passwords. How do I do that? Also I tried disabling the extensions and it doesn’t work.

@Oceanshu,
To export your bookmarks:

1. In Brave, Main menu --> Bookmarks --> Bookmarks manager
  2. `More options → Export Bookmarks:

To export your passwords:

1. In Brave, Main menu --> Settings --> Autofill —> Passwords --> More options --> Export passwords...

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.