Brave says sync code is from out of date version of sync

Description of the issue:
Trying to add a new MacBook Pro to the Sync Chain. I keep my sync code in a secure note in 1Password and I did check on my old Mac and my phone to make sure that the code is correct. At first, I thought this “your code is depreciated” or whatever was just an FYI, but I click Confirm and NOTHING happens.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Try and sync. Use code.

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
1.42.86 macOS M1 (Apple chip) latest macOS down to the smallest patch.

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
Old Intel Mac running latest everything
iPad Pro (10.5")
iPhone 7 Plus (OK just didn’t bother removing it yet)
iPhone 13
Windows PC I built myself running the latest Windows 10 x64 Pro.

Additional Information:
I’m a dev by trade so I love screenshots, so here’s a screenshot! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtRtm-nBsm_VoL8kcSbOYsjg3wqw8Q?e=aK97Ky

I googled for a good half-hour, including reading posts from these forums.

1 Like

Thanks @Muzical for reporting, we’re currently investigating this. I’ll let you know once we know more.

2 Likes

Hi @Muzical I am having a similar issue on a newer version of Brave on a linux install. I perused their FAQ page after a quick google search and found that there was a new sync version released that is incompatible with old sync chains. I will be attempting a new sync chain to resolve the issue but maybe this might be the same problem you are having.

1 Like

I also need help, I used an old version, and I don’t have access anymore, because I formatted it, but I saved the code. I really wanted my favorites! :frowning:

(Sorry my bad inglish)
<from brazil

God bless all!

:exploding_head: I have been having the same trouble and I can’t seem to get it fixed I’ve tried different versions of the brave browser and nothing seems to be working.

1 Like

It would seem problematic, then, that Brave doesn’t prompt the user to update the sync chain, or anything like that.

2 Likes

Apparently I won’t have support to recover my important favorites

Hi - I’m having the same problem. Transferring all data from an old Macbook Pro 2013 to a new Macbook Air 2022. The problem is that I can’t update Brave in the Macbook Pro hence I can transfer all my data - can I load it onto a iPhone and then to the Macbook Air ? Any other solutions to get around this problem?

Thanks

Michael

Hi, I managed to solve my problem mentioned in my comment above.
As it had saved the code only. I discovered this link, and reading the comments, I came to the comment of “cynical13” who commented that it is enough to add a word at the end of the code of old versions of brave.
cynical13: Brave sync code doesn't work
link he posted:
https://alexeybarabash.github.io/25th-brave-sync-word/
God bless you all
(Sorry, my English is not good!)