Brave Rewards stopped working in Germany

Hey there

im from Germany and in the past i had no problem getting my brave rewards to uphod…why did it stop working and how do you intend to fix it for me because it worked before and now my country isnt supported anymore?

Thanks

Germany is not supported already for a couple of months.
No much you can do at the moment. Keep accumulating the rewards until it is supported again.

You can follow the developments in the post below.

Reason is that Germany is a country that has been heavily restricted by wallet partners, such as Uphold.

Well, because Germany was restricted along with almost every other country in the world. Brave has been working with the partners, Gemini and Uphold, to change how their systems interacted, increase performance, and to try to improve on fraud detection & prevention while also making adjustments to make sure they are all in compliance with government regulations.

As much as everyone would hope this is a fast process, it’s not. There are a lot of moving parts and Brave is doing their best to get everything handled. The goal has been to add most workable countries by the end of the year. Keep in mind though, that’s just a goal/target and not a guarantee.

When it comes to Germany and some other countries, nobody knows what will happen. There’s a small possibility that, since new accounts can’t be made, that Germany may not continue. But they also may be able to work it so that anyone who did have an existing Uphold account will be able to link their Rewards. This would be much easier if Uphold and Gemini would be able to have 100% support for Germany.

Funny you should say that…uphold said its entirly up to you that it stopped working

Unfortunately, lower tier customer support there at Uphold aren’t always kept in the loop. What they answer is their own policies. Right now Uphold is allowing existing accounts to remain, but they do have Germany listed on Non-supported Jurisdictions at https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026786712-Non-Supported-Jurisdictions where it says you can’t create new accounts.

Also, as I explained to you in the other part, it is a teamwork between Brave and custodial partners to improve systems and everything. Again, that’s to do it for the sake of Brave. Obviously Uphold isn’t having to shut itself down to do it. It’s just connection between them and Brave.

So if you had to answer, who is it? You’d say the same as them, that it’s Brave, right? Just keep in mind that changes are happening not just completely because of Brave but because of feedback and issues that were passed along from different departments within Uphold and Gemini. The customer service people aren’t privy to that info.

I would just add to @Saoiray words that people working at Uphold/Gemini helpdesk were trained to answer questions related to their crypto exchange: trading, transfers, staking, etc.
They have no clue about Brave, how it works or what has been implemented in the background to connect both systems. It’s not their core business.
The only thing they can see is the user account. And if it looks good for their business, then they assume it’s good on their side.
So, yes, it’s normal that if some technical questions show up regarding Brave, their answer is “contact Brave support”.

but that would not apply to me as i used this acc for years…shouldnt it work then?

@guenther Da kommst du momentan auf keinen grünen Zweig. Beide Seiten machen den Bock zum Gärtner und floskeln nur oberflächlich.

Momentan kannst du nur weiterhin BAT sammeln und hoffen das dies evtl. mal wieder ausbezahlt wird. Garantieren wird dir das hier vom Team aber niemand. Mir ist das zu schwammig, deshalb hab ich die Werbung momentan einfach ausgeschaltet. Ich zeig ein wenig Geduld, kommt aber nix bei rum wechsel ich wieder auf einen anderen Browser.

Ehrlich gesagt bin ich nicht überzeugt von diesen gegenseitigen Regulationsschuldzuweisungen. Vielleicht verlässt du dich besser nicht darauf das es zukünftig wieder funzt.

ja du wirst wohl recht haben. Mir geht ja schon auf den Geist das ein Browser wie Brave kein vernüftigen customer support hat und ich auf ein Forum schreiben muss wo jeder eine Meinung hat und Aussagen mehr oder weniger etwas Wert sind.

Es ist nicht so, wie Sie es formulieren. Das Problem ist, dass beide Seiten Probleme haben und nicht für die andere Seite sprechen können. Wenn ich ganz offen sein soll, debattiert Uphold darüber, Deutschland komplett zu verlassen. Daher sind sie sehr zurückhaltend, wenn es darum geht, mit Brave über die Zukunft zu sprechen. Aber sie wollen nicht offiziell darüber sprechen, weil sie Angst haben, dass Dinge passieren, wie wir sie derzeit mit FTX erleben. Das bedeutet, dass sie im Moment keine Informationen zur Verfügung stellen, um Spekulationen zu vermeiden.

Was Brave betrifft, so stecken sie in zwei verschiedenen Bereichen fest. Das erste sind die Kosten und Ausgaben für den Betrieb in den Regionen sowie die Nachfrage der Werbekunden. Da Uphold in Deutschland keine neuen Konten zulässt, gibt es für Werbetreibende oder Brave kaum einen Anreiz, in Deutschland zu bleiben. Es wäre sehr einfach, den Support komplett einzustellen, aber Brave will das nicht tun. Was sie jetzt tun, ist weiterhin zu versuchen, zu expandieren und Wege zu finden, wie Menschen in Deutschland BAT erhalten können.

Beide Seiten arbeiten hart daran, Lösungen zu finden und nach möglichen Gewinnen zu suchen. Da keine der beiden Seiten eine endgültige Antwort hat, gibt es keine Möglichkeit, Ihnen das zu erklären. Und keine der beiden Seiten will Ihnen alles sagen, was vor sich geht, vor allem, wenn das bedeutet, dass sie möglicherweise eine Panik bei den Kunden auslöst oder die andere Seite schlecht aussehen lässt.

Das ist mit einem Support-Ticket auch nicht besser hier.

Und natürlich will hier keiner klar von der Brust raspeln. Nicht das du am Ende aufhörst zu sammeln in Hoffnung. Du sammelst ja für das Projekt hinten rum mit.

Das ist nicht wahr. Das Forum ist eine Möglichkeit, um Hilfe zu erhalten. Wenn Sie jedoch wirklich Hilfe direkt von Brave benötigen, müssen Sie ein [Support-Ticket] (https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) erstellen, und ein Mitarbeiter von Brave wird Ihnen helfen.

@Saoiray Ja, ich verstehe das in gewisser Weise schon. Aber gerade Intransparenz wie bei FTX hat gerade zu dem momentanen Chaos geführt.

Es geht ja hier im Grunde um nichts. Die zwei Dollar im Monat sind ja ehrlich gesagt nicht wert.

Was mich daran stört ist das dieses hin und her und hinhalten mit keiner klaren Aussage der Krypto-Welt und Brave erheblichen Rufschaden zufügt. Wie soll man mit solchen Projekten und Ideen in der allgemeinen Gesellschaft ankommen wenn man sich so verhält? Egal welche Seite da jetzt Schuld hat. Dienlich ist es für das Gesamtbild nicht.

Wahr oder nicht
es vergleichsweise umständlich darüber sind wir uns doch einig? Wenn eine Firma offen Hilfe anbieten möchte würde Sie das kommunizieren anstatt es hinter einer Community Faq usw zu verstekcen…oder?
@rodrige
Definitiv aber die Vermutung liegt nahe dass das Anliegen einfach nicht wichtig genug ist

Habe heute überraschenderweise mal wieder eine Auszahlung bei Uphold erhalten :astonished: bin ich da der einzige? kann nirgendwo eine Info oder comments finden dass Deutschland wieder supported wird!? :thinking:

@m4rc3llo Die Zahlungen wurden nie unterbrochen. Das Einzige, was passierte, war, dass die Leute nicht mehr in der Lage waren, sich wieder zu verbinden, wenn die Verbindung getrennt wurde. Das bedeutete auch, dass es keine neuen Verbindungen gab. Wenn man sie in Ruhe gelassen hätte, hätte die Verbindung weiterlaufen müssen. Nur weil sich der Browser abmeldet, heißt das nicht, dass er für Brave abgemeldet ist.

Als viele ihren Browser wieder verbinden wollten, sahen sie die Meldung, dass die Region nicht unterstützt wird. Daraufhin gerieten sie in Panik und hatten das Nachsehen. Bei dem Versuch, das Problem zu beheben, sperrten sich manche Leute selbst aus, darunter auch solche, die Brave neu installierten.

Wenn Sie immer noch Zahlungen erhalten, dann ist das in der Tat, wie es sein sollte.

I am talking about creator rewards and I reconnected several times the last month. So if payouts never stopped, why was germany removed from the list of supported countries? I think you got something wrong… I even got a mail from brave that withdrawals to uphold are not possible anymore in my region and that creators from unsupported countrys will not be marked as verified creators anymore.

That’s an automatic message appearing to all. It’s in regards to [Action required] Changes to being a verified creator: connect a custodial account

Because Germany can’t accept new browsers. The way Brave had been working, anyone from Germany could link as long as they had a preexisting Uphold account. This was despite Uphold no longer supporting Germany for new accounts.

Then Brave rolled back support for all countries, added to 19, expanded to 28, and now is supporting 31 with more to be added back to support. During this limitation, nobody from Germany can link new accounts/browsers. This means even Creators, you wouldn’t be able to link to Uphold right now. However, if linked before, payment should continue. However, if you ever choose to Disconnect then it’s possible you’d be unable to connect/link again until support is added again.

I say “possible” because in recent discussions with teams, there’s been some changes lately and they are working on, in which if all goes well anyone who has been linked before will be able to connect again. However, it only remembers the “last connected,” so like people who went from Uphold to Gemini, it won’t remember them being connected to Uphold. They had it test by me announcing it prior to the weekend but people said couldn’t get those connections back. So backend engineers are looking into things and fixing. Well, assuming they don’t change things again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.