Brave Rewards seems frozen and not working

Briefly describe your issue:
I was fine until the January rewards were deposited. It seems frozen now and not earning. it hasn’t changed for 4 or 5 days it seems, maybe longer.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
macOS Venture 13.1 and Brave Version 1.48.158 Chromium: 110.0.5481.77 (Official Build) (arm64)

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
not sure what that is.

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
yes

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
I have been receiving rewards, so I think I am fine. US.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices?
yes

If you see ‘- -’ in current earnings then it’s because of

It will happen if you aren’t connected to a custodial Partner.

From your answers it seems you don’t know about connecting to Uphold / Gemini. From 1.48.X update onwards only rewards profiles connected to Uphold / Gemini will be able to earn rewards ahead.
You need to click on the connect button when you press on the BAT button / icon in the URL Bar. The connect Button will give you an option to connect to a custodial Partner.

Only difference is that instead of it showing unverified, it’ll show ‘CONNECT’ there.

ahh, I see. yes, I have a Gemini account that I have already connected. I have a small balance, but it has been the same for some time now regardless of my browsing activity. It is not changing.

Could you check if it’s still connected?
If no ads then could be that your account is flagged since you use a VPN.
Best way to check your situation is to raise a ticket with Brave at

Share the ticket id so if a team member sees this post it might expedite the process

yes, it is still connected. I have been using a VPN for sometime now without any issues with Brave rewards. I have partial ad amount on it for this month, but the balance hasnt changed at all no matter what I view or browse now. It appears that my ads history ends at Feb. 8th. Nothing after that.

You aren’t getting ads or they aren’t being count cause you’re most likely flagged. Raise a ticket with Brave.
Only support can help you with this matter. Using a VPN is een as trying to see ads in other regions and sometimes ads which pay more in other regions than the ones in your own and hence could be a reason for being flagged.

I see, ok I will do that. thank you.

**update: my support ticket number is - 179941

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.