Brave Rewards Not Working In Android

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

Brave (Android) fails when i tap on the button to create my Brave/BAT Wallet.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave.
  2. Tap on the Brave Rewards icon near to the search/URL bar.
  3. Tap on Create Wallet button.
  4. See that nothing happens, just the button changes for a load animation, that never achieves anything.
  5. If you tap other side, and tap again at the Brave Rewards icon, you see that the wallet wasn’t created and you’re like the start.

Expected result:

Have my Brave/BAT Wallet created flawlessly and can use Brave Rewards while i’m browsing the Web, like it happens on my desktop version of Brave.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Brave (Android) 1.5.4

Mobile Device details

Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro

Custom ROM LineageOS 17.1 (based on Android 10)

Additional Information:

Not installed any of Google Play Services or Google Software.

1 Like

Seems like this one :point_up:

(For now) SafetyNet check is required in order to enable Brave Rewards. There’s no workaround available for that – if your device failed the test.

Hmm, i see.

I got another notification with an error about the Google Play Services when i was watching a video on Brave, (or trying to, when i got the error notification, the video stopped playing, at the very beginning).

So i suppose the error comes from this side, maybe, along with the problem that you said about my LineageOS version?

I think i can bypass the SafeNet check with Magisk Manager, so that shouldn’t be a issue, if the problem isn’t with Google Play Services.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:.

Bests ^^.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.