Brave rewards not increasing despite viewing ads

I guess Mattches doesn’t respond. I sent him 3 messages without any luck and it’s several days now. Will try reaching out to @steeven as i have a few issues connected to this.

Please send info in a DM @Sreeselva

I did send messages in a DM.

The problem isn’t whether I can see the ads or not. I can see them just fine. I’m just not getting any BAT after seeing the ads.

@CubeOfCheese, do you mean you have this option disabled?

I do have that option enabled.

@CubeOfCheese maybe this can help you

1 Like

Yes, as @JohnDproof points out, and this is why I directed you, @CubeOfCheese, to read that FAQ and Troubleshoot, as it seems there are some details about ads you are still unclear on.

Support is currently active in this thread now, so I would just keep your issue fresh, here, with a bump every few days to be seen till they can get around to you. In the meantime, have a look around at FAQS and some troubleshoots posted by other users that have worked out for them :slight_smile:

Okay clarification: I have Ads turned on in the brave://rewards/ page. I have notifications turned off for brave in my MacOS settings. I do see ads on new tab pages. This is how I used brave from the beginning and for the first month of use I received BAT from viewing new tab ads just as expected. Then I stopped receiving BAT even though I continue to see ads.
I would not like to turn on notifications for brave because I don’t want to be distracted. I don’t see why I wouldn’t be allowed to earn BAT for the ads I’m seeing on the new tab page without seeing or earning from notification ads. In other words, I’m seeing ads so I should be earning BAT - regardless of how I’m seeing the ads.
I think it would be nice if brave had two toggles for ads built in. One for new tab ads and one for notification ads. That way users could still get calendar notifications from the browser without having to get notification ads. But I’m fine not getting any notifications from the browser whatsoever.

I am wondering i had brave rewards of over 4. something and this mornign i log in and they are under 1 BAT? Weird… is something happening. Readjustments after BAT increase??

Hi @KennyWilliamson, payout is processing. Please read and follow Support’s topic here for more information and any updates:

Thank you Saere, have a good one.

1 Like

What is an appropriate course of action for me now? Should I just continue waiting or is there something else I should be doing?

Hi, @CubeOfCheese, you’re talking about not earning BAT from viewing ads or NTPs, correct?

I’m not sure what to tell you. Right now, there is no known bug or issue with the Brave Ads/ Rewards system. If you read those links and set everything up, you should be earning BAT from the ads and NTPs for your region. As long as you aren’t using a VPN, aren’t using catalogues not of your region, and haven’t altered your system’s regional settings to something other than your actual region.

There is one last thing you can troubleshoot. On this page, scroll midway down to the chart. It is about ‘not seeing ads’ but the first two and the last two activities could be the causes for when a user has stopped earning BAT, as well.

I just read those reasons in the chart you shared. Thank you. None of them apply to me as far as I can tell.

And yes, my problem is that I am seeing NTP ads but not receiving BAT for them. It worked when I first downloaded Brave and at some point it stopped working and I don’t know why

I sometimes don’t earn BAT either for NTPs, all of us do right now, and Brave has said they are working on ways to make this experience better for us.

What about your ads/ ads notifications?

I have notifications turned off for brave on the OS level. I don’t want to turn notifications on because I don’t want to be distracted

I don’t think that would affect your NTP experience, so that’s fine.

Can you tell me roughly, when did it start (where you stopped earning), and since that point have you never earned anything for an NTP? Or infrequently?

@CubeOfCheese, open a new tab on the browser and hit F5 over and over slowly and watch your estimated earnings* while you do this, please. Do this slowly and cycle through about 5 times (seeing about 5 NTPs). Anything?

*watch this as you do it: