Brave Rewards - No longer can log-in to Uphold or Gemini

Never lost his Rewards. If you’re not connected to Uphold or Gemini, then it’s stored in your browser after you claim it each month. Supernova, the OP, just is upset because they temporarily aren’t allowing to connect to Uphold or Gemini.

Yeah, nobody said otherwise. The current decision to reduce the number of countries that connect to Uphold and Gemini was a joint decision, with Brave being the primary.

Not sure what you’re referencing here? The change in region has nothing to do with the partial payments in the past or of people who are saying they didn’t receive their rewards. People who do submit tickets, provide necessary information, etc all have had their cases handled and things paid. The only issue now is the people who want to be able to withdraw BAT and turn into cash, but they are in one of the affected regions. There’s little that can be done about that.

I responded to someone the other day, I’ll link you to it here. There are three different types of supported regions. They are advertising in areas because Rewards is working and ads are available to people there. The Rewards program was meant to empower users over ads they see and to decide which websites to support. The intent was for us to tip websites. It was never intended for people to use as a second income or anything. Don’t get me wrong, they knew we’d pocket some, but they expected us to actually give it to sites to encourage them to participate in Brave and reduce ads & tracking on their sites.

Many have chosen not to tip any of their earnings but instead to pocket it all. On top of that, many have attempted fraud and violated Terms. Brave has been dealing with those misuing the system and trying to commit fraud, but it’s not easy. As for people tipping vs keeping, that’s just been a big social experiment.

Anyway, the browser delivers everything it promises and more. It’s just on User expectations and greed where we have problems. Btw…they plan on adding regions again. They just have some issues to work through. I haven’t learned it all but I can point out a small piece of the puzzle (1%, 5%, 10%, or what percentage, I don’t have a clue) as to what’s going on with regional support. You can see that at FYI: Regulatory Changes

They did just that. Brave has been around for a little while, you know?

Brave has solved quite a few issues. Evan, who you replied to on this, has been especially helpful since they’ve had him active here. He’s fairly new here on Brave Community, having just joined in April of this year.

When dealing with as many countries and moving pieces (Wallet, Rewards, browser, ad-block, Search, etc) as they do at Brave, you’re bound to have issues come and go. If you’ve ever seen the Github, they actually have thousands of issues they are working on. In fact, 4.9k issues they are addressing in regards to the browser itself. That’s not counting all the problems they are helping people with here on the forums, such as those who had problems with payment.

Also, the employees providing “customer service” here on the forum often are also helping with development. They aren’t just sitting there replying to people all day. So they stay busy and fix things on a regular basis.

I’ve had no issues with them. Overall haven’t seen too many people speak poorly of Uphold either. Definitely wouldn’t call it a scam. But I understand if you’ll say that perhaps you had issues with them. Not everyone or everything is without faults.

Brave has been one of the best support I’ve seen. They even have had executives and co-founder come here to help people at times. They are very short staffed compared to the size. Brave is estimated to have around 198 employees, give or take. Mozilla (Firefox) employs over 1,000 people and the same type of situation when you look at Google, Microsoft, etc for their browsers and customer support. Of Brave’s 198 people, that also includes marketing, payroll, etc.

If you consider the size of staff, how we’ve only had 3-5 people in general helping for Customer Support, and to see how many things they resolve…they are superb. Sure, they need more staff and to work more on their communication with people (especially making their announcements more visible and easy to find), but not sure you can complain.

1 Like