Brave rewards from February 2022 not received on a verified gemini wallet

Briefly describe your issue:
I noticed that the “Brave Ads Payout Status” states that all Verified Gemini wallets have had their payments processed. However, I have a verified gemini wallet and I have not yet received my payment from February on one of my computers, which last time I looked at the expected value for February was approximately 1 BAT. At some point during the start of this month (I did not register when because I am still new to brave, been using it for 5 months now, and it seemed to be the expected behaviour) the rewards page stopped showing my expected rewards from February and any earlier records. I have looked through some other threads and there are mentions to look into the rewards internals page and it seems odd because not only do the February rewards not show up, but all rewards before January seem to have just disappeared.

I also saw a couple of discussions here and on reddit saying that it is now needed to “claim” the rewards for gemini wallets. Indeed this was the situation on my other computer, but on this one I do not see any prompt or button to claim my February rewards.

The 30 days add history does show the adds I have seen in February, but by now I have lost over a third of the adds since it only shows from the 11th of February forward. This time limit should be made larger (I suggest 60 days) so that people have a chance to get and verify a full record for any given month during the following month.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
I am using macOS 11.4 and on the about Brave page it says:
Version 1.31.91 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
I can’t remember the exact date, but if I look to the transfers to my gemini wallet the first one was on the 8th of December, so I had a verified wallet in November, i.e. 5 months ago

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Not Android

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Not using Uphold, but auto-contribute is off

1 Like

So… it has been a week, the situation has not changed and I have not received any reply. I would like to sort out the rewards situation.

Edit: I have also stopped receiving the notification adds and only see the adds in the new tab page but even though I see these adds I do not get credited BAT in my estimated earnings and the adds I do see in the new tab page do not get added to my “viewed adds” history. This lock has been in place since the 8th of this month (i.e. the last add I have been registered as having seen is on the 8th of this month, according to the add history, with one exception for a singular add yesterday, which was an add I actually clicked on just to test and the add was added to my history, but no rewards were attributed to me)

1 Like

To enable brave ads go to brave://flags/
and then Enable Brave Rewards verbose logging-Enable
Enable Brave Ads custom push notifications-Enable
Allow Brave Ads to fallback from native to custom push notifications-Enable
Then restart your browser and you will start receving ads.
Thank you

I have the same issue that the announced rewards for January and February has not been paid out. It is annoying that you cannot contact a help desk for support, instead using a community forum

Hey @djmccloud I understand your problem.
You can DM @Mattches or @steeven who are the main moderators and will solve your problem.
Click on their profile and click Message option to DM them.
Thank you

You are worrying about Feb, I have not even received of Jan. Raised many requests they responded without any solution, and now they ignore.

1 Like

Give it a try, but they do nothing, at least in my case

Hey @rahul99 do u use any vpn bro?

Yeah, sometimes in my phone.

the reason you are not receiving may be that you are using VPN.
Brave discourages using VPN which results in Flagging your account

But if we want to browse with different IP, then?
So here brave is giving choice? Either VPN or brave rewards, is it so?

You can use TOR private window.Where u get duckgoduck as default search engine with inbuilt VPN

But that’s very slow, and for that purpose I have tor browser installed.

I also using a VPN. And I agree with rahul99. It cannot be the case they we have to lift our VPN security measurements to receive the rewards and using TOR is not the solution. The issue is with Brave dealing with VPN accounts.

VPN isn’t forbidden or anything. What they have expressed in terms and all is you can’t access ads not available in your region. So if you live in France and then use a VPN to appear you’re in the United States, there’s going to a be a problem. If you use a VPN, they say to use it for a spoofed location within your region.

What Brave does is track what your settings and IP was when you install the browser. Then it actively collects your language/region settings from your device AND your IP address. If those things don’t match, you can get suspended/flagged and you won’t earn BAT from any ads you do see before then.

Of course, the reason behind this is for those who might live in unsupported regions and all who are trying to access regions to get higher rewards. Brave is being paid to show ads to people in very particular areas and with specific operating systems. They have the contractual obligation to enforce that to their best and we agree to it in the Terms of Use when we install the browser.

So yeah, use VPN to be the same region you’re in or turn off Brave Ads if you’re going to use VPN to appear like you’re no longer in your region. This would pretty much stop any issues.

1 Like

My vpn is connected to the region i live in so that is not the solution you are describing.

I’m saying you don’t get flagged or have earnings stop from using VPN if it’s in your region and your device info matches. So if you got flagged or are having issues, it’s most likely due to another reason.

I still havent been paid been waiting all month and nothing still not sure what to do I had received payments on that same wallet in previous months now suddenly I dont get nothing on my highest earning month seems a bit weird I would like to be compensated

What about the people who are using VPN to access something else, but not the more brave ads?
Because I am suffering with the same, I use VPN not only in pc but in my phone too and obviously the reason is not more brave ads at all. And my account got flagged, what should I do in this scenario? Because Brave is giving me two options here, and I am allowed to choose only one, either VPN or Brave Rewards, unfair no?

If they are using the VPN to appear in another region, then it’s not allowed. If you want to do that, then you’d need to turn off Brave Rewards while you’re spoofing the region. Otherwise Brave would be presenting you ads for what region you’re in according to your information. This cheats advertisers who are targeting the people in that area. Hence where the problem is.

So when you use VPN, use it to appear somewhere within your region OR make sure you turn off Brave Ads during that time.

The above section answers all the rest of your comment too it seems.