Brave Rewards for German Users

Well why not integrate another wallet then? Why not tell users, that as a German you can’t really use all the functions? Why not inform people more? Or at least write something small on the bottom. None of those things are provided by Brave.

2 Likes

yea, they really need a new custodian tbh. new german users are kinda effed right now with uphold and gemini.
Unless you had an uphold account before they pulled out.

I actually would love coinbase.

1 Like

Coinbase, Binance, KuCoin… there are so many options for exchanges. But I guess it has to be a wallet with an KYC-Process. I’d take any possible option.

Same here… and I actually send in some money trough coinbase to my brave wallet which is stuck now :frowning: I’m really angry right now…

Collecting the BATS all the time makes no sense if you can’t use it or transfer.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the point. And the longer it takes until wallets are finally introduced that can be used by everyone, the greater the risk of losing your BATs (system crash, new operating system, new computer). This probably demotivates everyone who is affected. And I think once you’ve lost all your collected BATs, you don’t feel like starting all over again.

Uphold works for me, I am from Germany as well. But, only a fraction of BAT gets wired to my Uphold account. So the majority of my collected BAT is still stuck in my Browser :man_shrugging:

I do not recommend Gemini - in case it will be available in Germany any time soon - because almost everyone that tried to link to their Gemini Wallet lost all their BATs. It just got wiped clean. Check out the threads and 1 in 3 will be having “I connected to Gemini and all my BAT are gone”

But as I said Uphold is no alternative, as only “old” customers can use it. No-one from Germany can open a new account at Uphold.

So what does it mean. I have an uphold account for a while and i am from germany. Do my Rewards still be transfered or do i clicked all ads for nothing and no BAT is getting transfered anymore? That would be realy bad. Do i need to disconnect the uphold wallet now to at least hold the BAT locally?
thats realy confusing. as always with brave. :frowning:

I have opened my Uphold account prior to the withdrawal from Germany. I still do get my BAT. But only a small fraction. It still works and should be working for you too, given the fact that you have opened and verified your account before the changes.

1 Like

Nah, you are good. We are in the same boat. Uphold works like a charm for me.

1 Like

Now, all 3 BAT transfers came in at uphold (from laptop, desktop & mobile). All good again! :slight_smile: