Brave rewards disconnected from uphold wallet

brave rewards is disconnected from uphold but when I try to reconnect it gives me an error msg & says to try again later. In addition to this error I am also seeing another error that says “only ERC-20 (BAT) can be sent to this wallet address” I did receive some April rewards but I cannot do anything with them:

Operating system - Android 10 and Brave version - 1.37.116

Is your browser wallet currently verified? Yes

What date did you verify your wallet? Sep. 14th, 2021

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes

**Are you using a VPN? yes, but i made an exception for brave **

Are you in a supported region? Yes, USA

Does your device pass the [SafteyNet] test? Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? No

1 Like

Does Brave://rewards-internals show that your wallet is connected? Don’t post a picture.

Try deleting the uphold app on your device and then try to reverify using the web page. I recently had to do this as it was causing issues.

You don’t need to delete the app to accomplish this. Go into Android Settings and search for…

Uphold > App Info > Advanced > Opens by default > Open supported links > Select “Ask Every Time”

Now when you go back into Brave to verify, you should be prompted to either open with the Uphold App or within the Brave browser. Select Brave, login and verify. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Or do as my previous post suggested which was the Brave moderator solution that works. But hey, whatever works…

Same issue…from 3-4 months

The goal is to verify through the webpage and has nothing to do with the app being present on the device, except for the fact that the app launches on click. Disabling that from occurring solves the problem without having to delete the app just to redownload it.

Where do u find android settings baby steps here plz some of us arent quite as tech savvy as most ty.

If you go to your apps you should see “Settings” in there, or if you pull down twice from the notification bar at the top of your screen you should see a gear icon.

But… Now that I think about it, you can just long press on your Uphold App icon and that should allow you to select “App Info”, From there…

Advanced > Opens by default > Open supported links > Select “Ask Every Time”

Now when you go back into Brave to verify, you should be prompted to either open with the Uphold App or within the Brave browser. Select Brave, login and verify. Hope this helps!

Is it possible that the problem might lie with the fact that i have the brave browser synced on my phone & tablet? I only have the uphold app on my phone though.
I have deleted the uphold app on my phone. I was able to verify the uphold wallet via web page on my tablet but still said disconnected on my phone. I then tried verifying via web page on my phone but its now stuck on a loading page that says "your request is still being processed, please wait.

Unfortunately my phone doesn’t allow me to change this setting. I was only able to view it as a capability of the app & nothing more.

1 Like

Did u find a solution? I’m not very tech savvy so I apologize if the solution was already posted. This forum is just a bit confusing to me.

Try logging out/exiting the browser on the phone then trying again to verify.

Are you getting a device limit reached notification by chance?

2 Likes

I keep getting the same “device limit” message

If you are have the device limit error, here is the way to fix that. The link also contains 2 screenshots to help you make sure you’re filling out the form correctly. DM me if you have any questions.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, I will follow the instructions and I will tell you how it went

1 Like

Delete the integration, delete the app.
Reverify.
Reinstall the app.

Yes that’s the issue we are talking

No soln for exceeding device limit yet, brave team is saying that we are working with the issue, and since April they are saying that they are going to get rid of this device limit issue

1 Like