"Brave Rewards country does not match the country of the Uphold account" error but countries do match

Briefly describe your issue: Getting the error, “Brave Rewards country does not match the country of the Uphold account you’re trying to connect” when trying to connect to Uphold wallet. Uphold was previously set to another country but I just completed a support ticket with Uphold to change to the same country as my Rewards country (USA). I tried deleting Brave Rewards integration from Uphold and reconnecting, still the same error.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Windows 11; Brave Version 1.50.114 Chromium: 112.0.5615.49 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no) No

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile? Attempted today

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes with a different Brave browser

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? N/A (Windows)

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices? Yes

Could you go to brave://rewards-internals and check what country is selected? If it’s not US, that’s the issue. Also, you don’t mean you just changed addresses?

Any way I’ll share the steps

same here… both brave and uphold have set the same country but I still get country mismatch. Already checked brave://rewards-internals and reset my profile, but the error persist. I am from Portugal. Uphold ppl say it is an issue with Brave

Is your passport id from Portugal?

Nope, but my fiscal residence is.

Hi - My “Rewards country” in brave://rewards-internals is US, so is my Uphold account. My Uphold account used my U.S. Passport recently to change my country from Canada to USA.

That’s your issue. It doesn’t see your address, only your passport. So if you have Portugal as your Rewards country but a passport for a different country, then you’ll get a Mismatch error.

I’m wondering if perhaps they haven’t updated everything on the back end yet. You may want/need to try to create a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 to see if Brave can help, but also maybe contact Uphold to see if they did update the passport on the back end so it will reflect on the API.

Tnx… it worked. Btw I don’t understand the logic if I live in Portugal and pay taxes here while having a French passport.

The same. UA passport, live in Canada, can’t connect Uphold.

Okay? The same answer applies to you then. Country and passport have to match. So you need to make sure they are the same.

But the problem is that UA is not supposed for rewards, while I’m physically located in supported county. My concern to the few comments above.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.