Publishers and Publishers to-be,
Please take the time to read through this brief FAQ that answers many questions you are likely to ask or be asked when participating in Brave Rewards. Please ensure that you read this throughly before reaching out for support as it is highly likely that the answer to your question lives here.
When and how can I claim token grants?
Although there is no fixed schedule, new token grants typically become available on monthly basis. Users may claim token grants once every 30 days on a first-come-first-served basis. A notification will appear on the Rewards icon when a grant is available.
Why was my account suspended?
Your account may be suspended and placed under review if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Service for publishers. This includes suspensions due to suspicious contribution or referral activity.
Suspicious activity includes irregular contribution/referral patterns indicative of an attempt at fraud or manipulation. If you believe there has been a mistake, please contact us as soon as possible at the support email listed in your account review notice.
Why did I not receive my payout?
There are several reasons why you may not have received your tokens in Uphold on the 8th of the month:
- You may not have completed Uphold verification before the 1st of the month. If this is the case, please make sure to verify your account with Uphold as soon as possible to receive your payout on the 8th of next month. (You will only need to verify with Uphold once.)
- Brave’s Publisher “BAT payout report” is generated on the 1st of each month. Therefore, any BAT a publisher receives after the 1st (e.g., in the form of tips or referral confirmations) will be carried over to the next payout date.
- Your account was suspended or placed on hold pending further correspondence with the Publisher Support team. If your account was placed on hold, the Publisher Support team will reach out to you. If your account was suspended, you will receive an Account Review notice upon logging in.
Why did I only receive partial payout?
Payouts (i.e. deposits into your linked Uphold account) are for any BAT you receive between the 1st of the previous month to the 1st of the current month.
For example, a June 8th payout will contain BAT received between May 1st and June 1st. Any BAT received after June 1st will be paid out in the following month.
Why are my referrals not confirming?
Confirmations signify “minimal” usage of the browser over the course of 30 days. For instance, if a person you referred uses the browser for two weeks but then uninstalls it or never uses it again, then that referral may never become a confirmation.
What is the difference between a ‘download’ an ‘install’ and a ‘confirmation’?
- Downloads are the number of times Brave was downloaded via your referral link.
- Installs are the number of installations and first opens of the Brave browser.
- Confirmations are the **number of users who’ve used Brave minimally over at least 30 days.
Why have I only received a portion of my tip?
This can occur when a user sends a tip but closes their browser too quickly, halting the tipping process before it can complete. After a period of time, the remaining undelivered portion of the tip should be returned to the sender’s wallet and be reflected in the wallet balance accordingly. Given our privacy protocol for tips, there is not much we can do at the moment apart from wait and see.
What should I do if I can't login to my Publisher account or lose 2FA credentials?
There is no way for you to regain access to your account should you lose your 2FA credentials. However, you can create a new account and re-verify your properties (websites, channels) with the new publisher account. All your verified properties should transfer over to your new account within 10 days, along with any BAT associated with them.
What kind of sites can I verify and receive tips/contributions to?
At the moment, you can verify any top-level domain name, YouTube channel, Twitch channel or Wordpress blog with Brave Rewards. We are actively working on supporting more platforms with Brave Rewards.