Brave Rewards bugged

Hi, I’m in my third moth in a row with my rewards bugged, I only received 0.25 BAT regardless on how much I navigate or whatever I do, and I don’t see ads anymore (have 10 ads-an-hour in settings). Is there anything I could do to solve this?

1 Like

You should send a direct message (DM) to the moderators. Provide a short description of the issue and the following information when you DM the moderators:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in `Settings → Brave Rewards

Mattches and Steeven are the moderators who handle most of the rewards issues.

How to DM a moderator:

1. Click on their icon and select the Message button in the top right corner or
  2. You can go to your profile and create a new message in Messages.
1 Like

I have the same problem, I don’t see ads anymore on my home-pc.

No problem with my work-pc.

Go to brave:flags
And enable custom notifications
If you don’t get ad notifications

2 Likes

Thanks, Sherlock23. I have been having issues with not getting any ads on my laptop Brave Browser but no problems on my Android phone getting Brave Ads. I’ve had focus assist turned off and should be getting push notification ads and I haven’t been. I turned the flag on that you recommended. I’m not sure if they’re working again yet, as I just changed the setting, but I’ll come back with an update if it does fix my problem.

EDIT: I’ve also been clicking on the ads on the new page tab and, even though it has a thing that pops up that says if I click on them I’ll get an ad towards BAT, after clicking it it doesn’t even count towards my ad balance. I’ve clicked on at least 3-4 this month and it still says I have 0 ads viewed for this month… With this, even if the above flag works, I hope that it will actually start counting my ads again.

1 Like

Go to brave:flags and enable Brave rewards verbose logging
Then go to Brave:rewards-internals
See the log
You will find the reason of your problem there

1 Like

Thanks Sherlock23 for your help.

Unfortunately no change for me, I still don’t see any ads and the BAT counter seems stuck.

1 Like

If you check the logs you will see the reason why you are not earning bat

1 Like

last line of the log comes from November 2021, nothing in 2022.

[24 nov. 2021, 3:23:47,9 PM:ERROR:creative_new_tab_page_ads_database_table.cc(455)] Failed to get creative new tab page ad

1 Like

Did you hit refresh ?
It should show you the latest logs

1 Like

yes I refreshed, nothing more, it’s weird

1 Like

I will contact an administrator

1 Like

Yeah, it’s weird .
You should contact an administrator
I think your account has been flagged
They will help you unflag it

1 Like

I have no idea what information in the logs I need to look for but after turning it on and going back, I’m still not getting ads. New Tab ads are still not counting towards my ads goal. I would contact them but everything just points me to the forums and I can’t find a Brave Support e-mail to use to contact them about my issue.

I also contacted an admin about the issue. Thanks again for the tips @Sherlock23

This is a post in a previous topic that may shed some light on the focus assist settings.

While waiting for moderators to respond, you may want to see if any of the suggestions in the post help solve your issues.

Also, logs are for support staff use and you really can’t intuit what you are seeing or what they mean.

3 Likes

But that doesn’t mean you should stop trying. If you persist it and don’t jump to conclusions too soon, it can deepen your understanding of how rewards work. And when you start getting a grasp of it, it will calm your nerves in uncertain times. @Chocoholic You should also try out exploring verbose logging.

And for everyone, don’t post your logs on publicly as they contain sensitive information.

3 Likes

@Aman_M

Love it! Made me laugh. reminds me of a pacifier… :wink:

You brightened my day, thank-you. :smiley:

3 Likes

@Chocoholic Love you.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ugh. Nope, not for me at this time. I read a few things doing a web search too. Would be interesting I think but I have a feeling I would go down a rabbit hole and never return. lol

Plus my system is ancient and it appears that turning it on would slow down my system even more. Maybe if I get a new computer… uh… no. :rofl: