Brave Rewards blocked by Shields

I notice many issues with the Brave Rewards in the past few months, but i also notice that appears that the inbuild shields of Brave appears to have effects in the ads that we received.

In August i have used Brave with the default shields protections “off”. During this time, i was receiving Brave Rewards ads notifications as normal.
In september, i activated the shields again to the default ones. Since that time, i stopped receiving any Brave Ads!

For testing i just deactivate the Brave Shields again, after one month without ONE SINGLE brave reward ad. Almost instantly i received the notification for new ads - and they keep coming since then.

This is just a simple test, and i don’t know if it will help, but from what i can see Brave Rewards appears to be affected by how the default shields in the browser are configured. I know that Brave Rewards shouldn’t be impacted by the shields, but for some reason this appears to be the case.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Hi @djprmf welcome to Community :smiley:

Can you confirm if you are referring to sponsored images/push notifications from Brave or you referring to ads you would see on a webpage?

Hi :slight_smile:

This is related with Brave Rewards ads - the sponsored images/push notifications.

Hi @djprmf, with Shields up, does this test work for you? https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058972091-Push-Notification-Test.

Hi

Yes, works fine.
Also, notifications from different websites also work fine in both tests (Shields on or off).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.