Brave Rewards Auto-contribute site list has bugs

I’m using Brave Version 0.58.21 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) on macOS 10.12.6. There’s a video that demonstrates the problem at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC9BpQXkO_M

This is the Brave Autocontribute report. It shows I’m supporting 68 sites. That number, and their relative percentages, sounds about right. For reference, the top sites are:

What happens next:

• Exclude qz.com and the total drops to 67 (so far, so good)

• Exclude another (fivethirtyeight.com) and the total drops to 66 (again, OK)

• Exclude successive sites, and the displayed total remains correct.

• “Restore All” sites, and the original sites re-appear in their correct order (as expected)

BUT… There are a number of bugs (or at least, surprises) shown by this sequence…

1. When showing 67 and 66 sites, there is no indication that I have excluded any sites.

2. At 65 sites (after excluding three) there’s a message at the top indicating that ONE site has been excluded (not three…)

3. At 64 sites (excluding four), it shows TWO sites have been excluded. The pattern continues: the displayed count of excluded sites is two less than actual.

4. Finally, the Attention percentages jump around in inexplicable ways. Sites that hadn’t been visible jump above sites that (seemingly) had higher position in the list.

Please let me know if I can provide any further information.

Brave - Supported Sites: 0 (ZERO!)

Hi @richb-hanover

My first instinct is suggesting that you encountered a bug we had in 0.58.x (and earlier versions) with a calculation of weight in the database file (logged here: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/3163 ).

We fixed this for 0.59.x and later versions. I know you had logged a different issue over here so I think we might need to tackle that first and then loop back to this one to see if you’re still experiencing this.

Thanks!
Lauren

Thanks - I’ll wait for your further thoughts.