Brave resolution issues in Windows 10. Blurry application constantly

What type of video card do you have? I have an Nvidia GTX 1060. I too had a similar problem and found the solution in the Nvidia control panel. It is a while back now, but iirc, it had to do with changing how Nvidia handles the app (Brave) in the control panel. Drill down deep into your control panel, assuming you have an Nvidia card. Keep an eye out for Edge settings. You will want to duplicate the settings for Edge. Good luck!

Yesterday I installed only ( not drivers) the NVIDIA Experience graphics card extension and today I noticed blur font. that was the only change since yesterday so I suspect that was it. I disabled hardware Acceleration and the problem is gone :slight_smile:
it may be useful to someone to identify the source of the problem

Well I keep thinking that on the same computer where Edge Chromium manages to display sharp fonts, Brave, built on the very same foundation, should be able to do so as well.

Try this with Windows 10…
Go to Setting.
Type performance in the Find a setting box.
When Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows appears, select it.
Make sure the boxes for Smooth edges of screen fonts and Smooth-scroll list boxes are checked.
Not sure why this only affects Brave browser, but on my machine, when they are un-checked, the font gets blurry in the Brave browser.

1 Like

In Brave:

Settings > Additional Settings > System

Turn off Hardware Acceleration when available.

Let me know if that fixed it for you because it did for me.

Thanks for your suggestion but playing with that setting was the first thing I did and it does not change the bluriness no matter what it is set to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.