Brave resetting cookies and login information from Youtube when closing my browser. (iPad)

Description of the issue:
When I close my browser, I am logged out of Youtube. This does not happen on my Android phone. On the phone I can also find the option “Clear browser data on exit”, which is not turned on, however I cannot find this option on the iPad.

Also, immediately after logging in on YouTube, I will be redirected to this YouTube channel called “3”. Upon looking at the top right of my screen, I see that I am immediately signed out again. When I click sign in, I am however instantly logged in. I restart the browser, and I am logged out again and I get a message asking me to accept cookies once again.

Additional Information
This issue seems to only happen with Youtube, not other sites.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open YouTube
  2. Log in
  3. Close browser
  4. Open YouTube
  5. Logged out of Youtube

Expected result:
Not being logged out when closing/restarting the browser/device

Brave Version:
Version 1.61.1 (24.1.4.20)

Mobile Device details
iPad (5th Generation)
iPadOS Version: 16.2

@pakjemetbleek2 iOS version of Brave doesn’t have the option to clear on exit that I’m aware of. The only reason you’d be getting logged out overall is if you’re manually clearing cookies/cache or if you’re blocking cookies completely. Only other thing that tends to happen on some sites is if you’re using 2FA, where it’s detecting enough differences in your browser due to Brave blocking tracking and it will make you log in again.

If none of those, then I’d have to ask if you have some “cleaner” type of app on your device that might be clearing cookies and all?

Last other possibility is if you’re having it open in Private by default or something? At which case it would make sense as Private only maintains logins and all until the session is closed.

I do have 2FA on my YouTube account, but no cleaner app installed. I also don’t have it opened in Private.

I have unchecked “block all cookies” and I’ve not removed them manually

Do a favor and turn off Shields on YouTube and see if it keeps you signed in.

Unfortunately it didn’t work.