Brave Refuses to Download/Save Pictures. Instead it thinks I'm searching for them

Ever since I started to use Brave (roughly 2 months ago) I have noticed one problem that I constantly run into. I will try to save a photo and instead of saving the photo, Brave believes I am trying to search for that photo. Therefor I receive an error saying the photo does not exist, which it wouldn’t exist in my files yet as I was trying to save it. I have tried this with a different browser, Microsoft Edge, as it was the default one on my laptop, and the pictures will download from that one. It does not matter where I get the pictures, (examples are Facebook, Google, even the Snipping Tool on my laptop) I still have the problem. I updated to the newest version of Brave, hoping it could have been a bug from the last one, but I still encounter it. If I could get any advice on how to fix this it would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi @Silver202,
Would you mind telling me in what way you’re trying to save your pictures? For example, if I’m on Google images, I would find the image I’m looking for, click to view it, then right click on the image and select “Save Image…” - this would open up a dialogue box asking me where i want to save the image.

Is this similar to what you are doing or are you going about it a different way?

Thanks!

That is exactly what I am doing.

@Silver202, got it, just wanted to make sure we were on the same page! :slight_smile:
So since I am unable to reproduce this issue on my end, I’ll need a little more information to get to the bottom of this. Would it be possible for you to record the steps when you try to save (I know we just talked about them but seeing you perform them goes a long way) and show them to me here? You can do this very easily using Licecap - it’s free and super easy to use.

Apologies for the extra steps but I like to exhaust all the options before opening an official issue. Let me know what you find, and if you have any trouble with Licecap, feel free to ask and I’d be happy to help! :slight_smile: