When I have multiple windows open (so far up to 5) with multiple tabs per window (varies between 3 and 10) and I start closing tabs in the forward-most window (or the whole window itself) Brave closes all my windows and tabs as if I had elected to quit the entire program. Mostly happens when I finish closing multiple/all tabs of a single window, even if there are two other windows open.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open Brave, navigating to a variety of sites in multiple tabs and windows.
- Spend any length of time on one tab, then begin closing tabs within that window.
- Brave quits/closes all tabs&windows/crashes.
- Re-open Brave, getting tabs/windows back as they were prior to closing any of them (I think this is the key. I have it set to start with my windows/tabs from last time, but it is starting with ones I already closed, as if it is failing to log tab closure in the what-to-open list when starting up. If I had a window open with 6 tabs, and closed them one at a time and this issue happens, when I restart Brave it will bring back the last 3 tabs that I closed.)
- Close one tab (pick a tab, any tab) or move the tab currently selected to a different window, and Brave closes/quits/crashes again.
Entire software/program (Brave) closes/quits/crashes.
Only the tab or window I elect to close should close, and the other ones I have open should remain open.
Reproduces how often:
About 30% of the time during normal use (switching between Brave and other programs). After the first instance of this bug, however, this jumps to 99.99% until I do something differently, such as move a tab other than the one currently selected to a background window.
|OS Platform||Microsoft Windows|
(sync is enabled but not in use)
Reproducible on current live release:
Don’t really know what would be helpful; will do my best to answer questions.