Brave quits when I close one of multiple tabs/windows

Description

When I have multiple windows open (so far up to 5) with multiple tabs per window (varies between 3 and 10) and I start closing tabs in the forward-most window (or the whole window itself) Brave closes all my windows and tabs as if I had elected to quit the entire program. Mostly happens when I finish closing multiple/all tabs of a single window, even if there are two other windows open.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open Brave, navigating to a variety of sites in multiple tabs and windows.
  2. Spend any length of time on one tab, then begin closing tabs within that window.
  3. Brave quits/closes all tabs&windows/crashes.
  4. Re-open Brave, getting tabs/windows back as they were prior to closing any of them (I think this is the key. I have it set to start with my windows/tabs from last time, but it is starting with ones I already closed, as if it is failing to log tab closure in the what-to-open list when starting up. If I had a window open with 6 tabs, and closed them one at a time and this issue happens, when I restart Brave it will bring back the last 3 tabs that I closed.)
  5. Close one tab (pick a tab, any tab) or move the tab currently selected to a different window, and Brave closes/quits/crashes again.

Actual result:
Entire software/program (Brave) closes/quits/crashes.

Expected result:
Only the tab or window I elect to close should close, and the other ones I have open should remain open.

Reproduces how often:
About 30% of the time during normal use (switching between Brave and other programs). After the first instance of this bug, however, this jumps to 99.99% until I do something differently, such as move a tab other than the one currently selected to a background window.

Brave Version

Brave 0.21.18
V8 6.4.388.41
rev 580be78
Muon 4.8.2
OS Release 6.1.7601
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 64.0.3282.140

(sync is enabled but not in use)

Reproducible on current live release:
Yes

Additional Information

Don’t really know what would be helpful; will do my best to answer questions.

Have toggled Strict Site Isolation (experimental) as described in the below post re:Captcha not clickable. Will report back if this doesn’t solve this closing/crashing issue.

Embedded video is not play in new update!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.