Brave Profile Still Flagged

My Brave profile is still flagged for going on three months now, and this was one of the last remaining incentives for me to use this browser (i.e. BAT rewards) in and amongst the constant updates.

Just writing to the community to see if this is normal behaviour - I can tell other users have had issues with this, but with seemingly no response from the Brave support team I’m left to assume they are leaving certain profiles as flagged with no valid explanation as to why.

l

Have you submitted a Support Ticket yet? If not, probably should do that at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431

So privacy, adblocking, etc isn’t anything you enjoy? Even without Rewards I’ve been happy to keep Brave. I did have to question a bit when I switched to iPhone and was unable to earn BAT with it, but after using other browsers a bit I came back because this one just is a lot better.

If what is normal behavior? People getting flagged or people waiting a while with no updates after being flagged?

Of the millions of users, a very small handful get flagged. It can feel like a larger percentage here on Brave Community because it’s a place where people tend to come to complain and seek help with issues. As with any “net” that you put out to catch people doing wrong, it does sometimes catch/flag people who did nothing. They are always working to improve things but you’d also be amazed at how many people are always out there taking advantage.

Yeah, just to repeat what I said right above, it’s a pretty small percentage and many who were getting flagged did actually violate Terms by setting up VPN and all to bypass region for ads.

Everyone who actually submits tickets gets a response. In terms of Topics and all, such as yours, there’s not a guarantee anyone from Brave will see it or respond. To be blunt, there are essentially 4 people with Brave who help publicly. You have Mattches and Steeven who are here on Brave Community. Then there’s SaltyBanana who has been helping more on Twitter lately than anywhere else. Lastly, there’s Chriscat who runs support over on Reddit.

So when you consider Site Statistics here:

The Topics can feel manageable, but then you realize a TON of people jump onto other people’s topics with “me too!” or to talk about something else entirely. In addition to that, you have everyone who sends DM to those employees AND all the Support Tickets…they can deal with 500-1,000 issues/notifications a day to have to filter through. This is why you have people like me, Chocoholic, 289wk, Aman_M, and other users who spend a lot of time here helping others with information we’ve learned from Brave staff and our own experiences.

Yeah, in regards to that, they stopped telling people why because of how it was being used. Essentially when they revealed things, people used it to learn how they got caught and to try to tweak things to “get away with it.”

To quote what staff from Brave mentioned to me when I had talked to them on flagged accounts, this is what was said:

Most of these cases (for now) have to be handled individually. Additionally, there are many reasons a wallet could be flagged and to figure this out, requires more than just logs (for us or anyone). So either way, the best thing to do (for you) is to let users know that:

1. Digging through/posting their logs and making assumptions about what they mean is not helpful to anyone.
  2. That if users aren’t seeing ads or receiving payment, they need to reach out to us directly and they need to exercise patience as not only do we have 1000s of messages to go through between us (support), each individual ticket/DM/request can take anywhere from a few minutes, to a few hours to several days to diagnose.

We do appreciate everything you’re doing here on Community and I know that our users do as well. If/when there is more (or more effective) ways for you to assist I’ll be sure to let you know. Until then, keep doing what you are doing :+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.