Brave print preview corrupted

Description of the issue:
When the option is selected to print the page as a .pdf then the image which is presented as the “preview” appears in a completely different font structure mimicking Chinese or another Asian language.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Select option to print page as .pdf.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Note: Hopefully the image uploaded properly. You can see the page being printed is in English but the print preview image can clearly be made out to appear in a different font/language.

Expected result:
The print preview image and the page to be saved as a .pdf should appear the same.

Reproduces how often:
Every attempt to produce a .pdf.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.4.95 Chromium: 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Mac OS 10.15.3

1 Like

Hi @aguilarojo, welcome to Community!

Are you using a VPN? If so, can you try getting off the VPN and printing?

Do you have any language related extensions? Can you try disabling any extensions and printing again?

How are you getting to the print preview? Are you using cmd + P or are going through the menu in the top right?

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome, Aa-ron. I use a VPN all the time. This error I observed within Brave is very recent; it didn’t appear before when I used Brave while using a VPN.

I’m unsure which “language related extensions” you’re referring to. I would guess the Grammarly app within Brave could be interpreted as being considered as falling into that category but I’ve used Grammarly within Brave for a long time and the error I’ve reported was not evident earlier.

Regarding print preview the function appears automatically.

Can you try creating a new profile, visiting the same site and trying to print (using cmd+P)?

If you’re still getting it in a different language, try getting off your VPN, refreshing and re-printing. (I know you said it didn’t appear before while using the VPN - I just want to test all possibilities)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.