Brave on Mac now constantly crashing

Hmm well, when you open brave using that command, and then go to Settings --> Sync are you able to remove your device from the Sync chain? If so, the browser should no longer crash and you should be able to launch from the icon as normal.

When I click settings --> Sync nothing happens. I can’t get it to run unless I use the terminal command. Can you help?

@BigBeans,
Are you still experiencing these same crashes? Is your browser fully updated?

No. Seems resolved now.

1 Like

Yes I updated my browser to the latest available and even upgraded to Mac OS Catalina 10.15

Unless I start the browser with the command module it crashes after a few minutes.

Do you have a fix?

@BigBeans,
You’re referring to launching with the --disable-brave-sync flag from terminal, correct? If you do launch from the terminal, are you able to then go to Menu --> Sync and remove your mac from the Sync chain?

No. I am not able to remove the sync. The link does not show up. I managed to get to it loading brave from the icon but when I try to remove my Mac it just keeps running and it does not remove it. I only have a short time to get to it before it freezes again.

Any suggestions?

@BigBeans,
Have you updated again after we released the hotfix to v0.69.135 yesterday? The update fixed Sync crashes for some cases and other users have reported that the update stopped the crashing. Can you go to Settings --> About Brave and ensure that you’ve updated to the latest version?

I just got the update today. Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)The first few times it froze up. After about the 4th time it stayed on! No idea why it took many tries. I did get to the sync screen. This is now what I get.

Am I supposed to press (I have a sync code) and enter it so that all of my computers sync? This part has me confused. I am using a Mac Mini and a macBook.

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 3.12.53 PM.png

Your help is very much appreciated.

@BigBeans,
Glad to hear the crashes stopped. If you’d like to enable Sync again, please refer to our Help Center guide for detailed instructions on how to setup Brave Sync:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.