Brave on ios frozen on startup and sometimes icon is greyed out - reinstallation is needed

Description of the issue:

Brave starts up but it does not respond in any way, closing it and reopening it has no effect, the only way to fix it is to reinstall it. I am sure I had some tabs already open but the number of opened tabs is shown as 1 (see the attached screenshot), could it be a user profile data issue? This happened twice so far, the first time after at least three weeks, the second one after just two days after reinstalling it from scratch. The second time I also noticed that the app icon was greyed out and not selectable, maybe it was because ios “noticed” the app was not responding?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install Brave.
  2. Use Brave normally, opening some tabs. Use other apps on the device.
  3. After some time, usually after unlocking the device, select the Brave icon.

Expected result:

Brave starts up, shows all opened tabs and works normally.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Versione 1.23 (21.2.12.22)

Mobile Device details

iPad Air with ios 12.5.1 (16H22)

Additional Information:

UPDATE: it happened again.

This time, I tried restarting my ipad and after that Brave started up, warning that it had closed incorrectly and asking if I wanted to restore previously opened tabs; I chose that and it did it.

So, at least there is a workaround, but it would be of course much better to be able to resume using Brave without restarting the whole device.