Brave on F-Droid

Could someone say if there are any plans about releasing it or not? It could be alternative to Bromite (https://www.bromite.org), which isn’t in official repository, but also is based on Chromium and it has privacy tweaks. I would like to see Brave there.

6 Likes

Yeah I would love brave to be on F Droid as well…

But yeah I just get the apk from github after every release

1 Like

+1

I would like to get this app on F-Droid and recieve updates though F-Droid for Brave. The Google Play store is not an option for me and I do not like having to download the APK manually every few weeks.

3 Likes

I was very happy to see that there’s apks on github! …but I can’t seem to find them. Did they get removed? Or were you just referring to building it yourself from source?

I’m about as fond of NodeJS as I am of Google (bad experiences using it at work), so if there’s no official way I can download it pre-built I’m gonna have a really hard time deciding between building it and just going to some random apk mirror… xD

1 Like

Yes, I would also like to see Brave on F-Droid!

1 Like

Publishing Brave on F-Droid would make it available more people. Is there a reason why it is not already there?

2 Likes

Developers do not seem to care. It requires zero effort, yet they avoid responding with a simple yes or no? If Brave wants any Android users that care for their privacy to use their apps, then they need to put it on the store that cares for it… not the Google Play Store and not from Microsoft’s GitHub.

It has been years since they put any decision to it, despite dozens of people needing it. We’ll just have to wait for the next millennia it seems.