Brave on android says no space in internal storage

Hello, I just performed a factory reset of my android phone and reinstalled brave browser version 1.14.86 from playstore and when i went to Brave’s downloads settings to choose my internal storage as download location, it said that it didn’t had enough space whereas I still have around 100GB space free on my internal. I’m on android 10 and this issue didn’t existed before factory resetting my phone. Or could this be caused by some android settings that i might have misconfigured after resetting my phone? Screenshots attached below

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Factory reset phone.
  2. Install Brave from playstore.
  3. Go to settings>Downloads>Download location

Expected result: Internal Storage: 100GB available

Brave Version): 1.14.86

Mobile Device details: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro 128GB/8GB with Android 10

Additional Information: null

as i said in my post, i gave brave browser storage permission but the issue was still persisting. So I tried messing around with settings and went to privacy protection>storage>brave>and set it to “allow” as it was in “deny”. then cleared data of brave browser and went back to downloads settings and now it was detecting my internal storage. I don’t know why storage permission in privacy protection again changed back to “deny” but it kinda works and working as of now. :slight_smile:

1 Like