Brave Not So Brave!

Briefly describe your issue:
I am angry, anxious and frustrated

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10 & Android. Brave version: Latest

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Wnidows/PC/Laptop wallet is verified but Android wallet is not verified

What date did you verify your wallet?
Recently

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
I did not get paid this month

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No (maybe sometimes)

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes

Issues:

1. Brave Ads Payout is not transparent-

There were no step-by-step instructions to contact support, the thread was closed abruptly and remaining payments are postponed to next month. If after 7 days’ wait user is left out (many-a-times due to mistake by automated system) and payouts are postponed to next month it is natural become anxious & uncertain. This cosumes a lot of time, many times subsequent DMs are ignored.

Suggestions

The Ads payout for a month sould not conclude unless users’ issues with payments are resolved (better late than next month).

If there are country or region-wise payouts, that should be mentioned so that users from that region can contact support if payouts of their region is processed. This might reduce burden on support

There should be information about BATs per ad being decreased before they are actually implemented with reason (I’m not asking any confidential information)

1. Android Wallet comes with a pinch of salt - What good is the cake if you can’t eat it. All the while, you can loose it.

Suggestions

Minimum 15 BAT threshold is appreciated but there is need for - BAT transfer facility to PC/Laptop just like iOS and a Backup/Restore facility. No discrimination with significant android users. It has been 2 yrs since this thread was posted with a promise-

https://www.reddit.com/r/brave_browser/comments/b1rthh/how_do_i_restorebackup_braves_wallet_on_android/

Instead of a minimum threshold an option of BAT withdrawl facility with charged fee upto a minimum threshold (say 5% for 15 BATs thereafter free withdrawl) can be provided (may be with an option of linking Brave Walled ID with Brave Publishers account or even Uphold). So that users don’t have to self-tip on publishers account and risk being flagged and restricted.

If Brave chooses to be more liberal towards users instead of taking pre-emptive punitive measures (very often reasons like fraud prevention purpose, verifying user etc. are given by Brave support for flagging a user or putting a minimum BAT threshold for withdrawl), it can grow exponentially. Then I won’t hesitate to refer Brave to my conservative old friends & relatives.

the title of this post is not very relatable with his content :thinking:

what about previous months? or was the May payment your first?

this could be the cause of the issue

@JohnDproof I didn’t wrote this topic for any grievance redressal. I just wanted to put up a few common concerns and a few suggestions thats all. Do you have any interesting title in mind to have more Brave support attention to this post?

Spread it far and wide. That’s a-lot of BAT and we don’t even have a private key/PW to authorize spending. It’s an executive anyways so I’m sure they have plenty of access.

“This is the tip of the iceberg,” said the investigator. “He used a number of methods such as creating fake email trails from customers requesting for their crypto to be sent to external wallets. These wallets were in fact controlled by Sameer.”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.