Description of the issue:
When I’m trying to log into my AWS account through a root user, it asks me to enter the email and password which I have previously saved but it will only prompt the email/password on the first page that only has an email field and does not prompt me any password on the second page of a password field. I will have to go to manage my password, search AWS keywords and manually reveal the password (which requires me to enter a system password on mac) every time, which is troublesome. I also cannot force save/prompt on the second password page
How can this issue be reproduced?
- First you need to have an AWS account, assume some of you do as there are people in that field
- Go to https://aws.amazon.com/
- Go to Sign in
- Enter choose root user, enter your email, here the saved email/password will be prompted
- Do the captcha check (if required)
- Enter the password, here is where the problem happens and the browser will not prompt me the password
The browser prompts me different passwords just like before in the email section
Brave Version( check
Version 1.30.89 Chromium: 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (arm64)
MacOS Big Sur 11.6 (20G165), M1 iMac
On the password page, I can see a key icon at the right side of the Omnibox (on the left side of the brave shield icon) and if clicked, it will show me the password saved for this page. However, I cannot choose, copy, or do anything to the password such that I can use them for login. I can only delete, click OK (which closes the password box) or go into manage my password and repeat the process stated above to manually get the password, not ideal.