I know that you said earlier that you’ve already un/reinstalled, but I think it may be worth another go. Lets remove all traces of Brave and try a clean install again:
- If you want to keep your user data, make a safe copy of the
Defaultfolder you found above (as well as any other additional browsing profiles you’d like to keep) because we’ll be deleting this entire directory. Once you have a safe copy, move to the next step.
- Make sure no Brave processes are running. Then, remove the icon from the dock.
~/Library/Applicationsand trash Brave Browser.
~/Library/Application Support/and delete the
- Repeat the process for Beta if you want, but it’s not necessary at this time.
- There should now be basically no traces of Brave (Stable) on your machine.
- Go to our official website and download stable again.
- After installing – don’t replace the
Defaultfolder just yet. See if the browser launches and runs on a clean profile first.
If it does, feel free to replace the profile folder with your safe copy. If it doesn’t…tbh I have no idea at this point. The team expected there to be some issues with Catalina but we are still in the process of sorting everything out.
Let me know what happens