Description of the issue:
I installed brave from snapcrafter.io on ubuntu 19.10 as the method mentioned on the brave website did not work. I found that I have to do a work around to install it on ubuntu 19.10 or install the snap version.
The issue is that Brave does not open from the favourites icon on the ubuntu dock. left clicking also does not open, right click options also do not open.
It opens up on left clicking on the icon in applications dash. But still here too the right click options do not work.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- sudo snap install brave on ubuntu 19.10
- open brave from application dock.
- right click and add to favourites.
- close brave browser re open using the icon on the favourites dock.
- try to open by right clicking on the icon on the favourites dock.
- function key, search brave on application dash, right click on the brave icon and try to open.
left click on favourites shortcut should open the brave browser
right click on the favourites shortcut should open brave browser
right click on the application dash icon should open brave browser
Brave Version( check
Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)