Brave not donating

I got the 30 tokens from the UGP pool, 25 BAT are supposed to be donated yesterday, but it’s overdue now although I have enough balance?

I tried to restart the browser but it’s not working.

Brave: 0.19.116
rev: 139c117e9b1935029682d207798a3f47b5bdd1fe
Muon: 4.5.16
libchromiumcontent: 62.0.3202.94
V8: 6.2.414.42
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.16299
OS Architecture: x64

Hi @loltyler1,

When you claimed the BAT grant, It changed the contribution date. So, it’ll distribute in next month. IIRC.

Best,
:slight_smile:

Ohhhh, OK. @eljuno

But um, can you guys fix this? It’s a bit confusing on the UI side.

Thanks

Hi @loltyler1

The first 1-2k people who claimed grants will see this issue. Unfortunately server-side wasn’t sending back the timestamp correctly for those first 1-2k folks. When the tokens were claimed your contribution date should have been pushed back 30 days from the day you claimed them. So, you can expect to see a contribution made sometime around January 5/6 timeframe.

Thanks,
Lauren

I’m a little confused about exactly how the contributions system works. Sure, I would love to contribute to the ppl who make business chug along, but I’m unemployed at the moment and am poor as a church mouse. Where does the money for these contributions come from? When I make a contribution, will my wallet get thinner? Or are the credits generated another way? I’m only a newbie to Brave, but I like knowing things too. Anyway, nice work, guys on a great browser- someday you might beat out Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, of which I have successfully used both.

When you watch Brave ads you get a percentage of the ad revenue received in BAT and you can use that money to donate. Check the BAT roadmap.

Hi @phineHas56

This is the roadmap that @loltyler1 is referencing: https://basicattentiontoken.org/bat-roadmap-1-0/

Thanks,
Lauren

OK, I think I understand: my viewing ads placed by merchants causes their profits from those ads to be awarded to developers of open-source applications using the Basic Attention Tokens I generate according to how much attention I pay to the ad. Whether this includes clicking on something or visiting a particular website really doesn’t matter to me, because none of my actual money (bank $$$) is used, right? If I also understand right, I can modify slightly whom I wish to pay within limits. I trust the administrators of this program to invest the funds wisely, for they know better than I the real value of a piece of work. Very clever, I must say. Please correct me if I’m wrong about any of this, having now read the roadmap. I think I got the gist of it.

@LaurenWags
My Brave browser has successfully donated a few days ago, thanks for the support!

That’s great to hear. Thanks so much for reporting back!

Lauren