Brave not detected in AMD software

Description of the issue:
Brave is not detected in the AMD software

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.27.109 Chromium: 92.0.4515.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Fannste94,

According to your “DxDiag.txt” file, you are using:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
  • 8192MB RAM
  • [Video] Card name: Radeon RX 580 Series

Open the Windows 10 command prompt and enter this command:

wmic /output:"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\ListOfInstalledPrograms.txt" product get name,version

– or –

wmic product get name,version /format:texttablewsys > “%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\ListOfInstalledPrograms.txt”

This will produce a file, ProgramList.txt in the Desktop folder, which can be opened in Notepad.

Does Brave show in that list?

I don’t see it

ListOfInstalledPrograms.txt (20.3 KB)

Fannste94,

When Brave Browser is running on your Windows machine, try in the command line:

tasklist > %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Running_Processes.txt

Yes / No

I see it on the list but it’s still not in the AMD software

Running_Processes.txt (14.0 KB)

It runs . . . but it is not installed.

Counter-intuitive-ity something.

Brave is installed, how can I fix that?

Please seek help from “Rethanis” (Community Ninja) - and also try “Mattches” at Brave Support.

Your installation of Brave Browser is apparently not complete. What I would suggest, would be a lengthy series of steps - cleaning house - including a thorough un-install of Brave Browser.

In my view, you need to be in the daily habit of Creating a System Restore Point, and at least a weekly habit of backing up the Windows Registry.

In addition, a third party Password Safe / Vault / Wallet application is handy as a backup — in addition to any habit of storing passwords within Brave Browser (that also need to be backed up).

IOW, be prepared.

Yet, the specifics for getting your current installation of Brave Browser working correctly — as in fully installed to your satisfaction — I am not sure about any short path . . . while the two Brave Community members whom I mentioned, might know.

@Rethanis @Mattches Need help

@Fannste94,
Sorry for the late reply here.
Apologies as well but I’m not super familiar with the AMD software you’re using – when I look at the screenshots you share, in the AMD window you appear to have Gaming selected which shows a list of running applications that all fall under the “gaming” category. Is there another tab in the AMD window that shows other types of processes/applications running?

Further, if you were to launch another browser – lets say Edge or Chrome – do they show up in that list of processes?

If Edge or Chrome would appear in the ‘Gaming’ category, then I think it is either a bug, playing a game on the browser, or the software in the browser counts as ‘Gaming’ (which is weird), but if Brave does not appear in the ‘Gaming’ category, then the software must count as ‘Apps’, other than that, you are correct!

@Mattches @Kristian No all software is shown in that tab and Brave was there before

@Fannste94,
Can you please share a screenshot with that same Gaming tab open, but with some other software open and present there (even if it’s not Brave)?

I had a image with the older AMD driver but only Brave was in the Gaming tab as a software the other were games, I also noticed that Brave started using more RAM since it’s not detected in the AMD driver so it probably doesn’t use the hardware GPU acceleration

@Fannste94 ,
I am asking you to (right now, if possible) to open another app that is not a game – Microsoft Word, MS Edge, Chrome, Zoom, Slack, Spotify, etc – and then open the AMD software and show me that those other applications appear in the tab you shared earlier?

Here I opened Vegas Pro and BS player and refreshed the Gaming tab and they still won’t show in the tab, I think that AMD changed the software to only detect games

Yep, they changed the software.

@Fannste94,
That is very likely the case. As such this does not appear to be a Brave specific issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.