Brave not connecting to the internet when the system proxy is off

Description of the issue:
I am on Windows 10, using Brave version 1.32.113. I normally connect to the internet on VPN and have a proxy server set up, but often have to disconnect to reach some sites. I turn off my windows System proxy:

But when i do i get the following issue in Brave:

I am unable to find where i can turn this off in Brave (manually)

I have disabled all extensions and restarted Brave, still no change

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Turn a proxy on use Brave as normal, then off the Proxy and disconnect from the VPN, try to use Brave and issue with Proxy Server (note i am able to turn off proxy manually in Firefox and am able to use Firefox as usual (not an internet or PC issue)

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

To view a web site

Reproduces how often:

So far always. Sometimes a system reboot fixes the issue (not a solution)

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows 10 Enterprise Build No: 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Brave Version 1.32.113 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Is any antivirus or other security software installed?

Does the issue occur if you create a new profile and try it in that profile?

Is anything set in brave://flags ? (Anything with a non-default setting will be sorted to the top, and will have a blue dot next to it.)

What is shown if you click the ‘Details’ button?

Hi
So no non-default settings in brave://flags. Definitely have anti virus installed, but it’s installed when it’s working. I was looking for a manual way to turn off the proxy when not connected to the VPN. If i reboot it works fine, but i can’t keep rebooting everytime i turn off the VPN.
Is there a way to tell Brave not to look at the system proxy settings but just to manually tell it there is no proxy?

Not that I know of without an extension. If you want to try with an extension, Proxy SwitchyOmega seems to work pretty well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.