Brave not clearing history when system shuts down

Description of the issue:
I have an HP laptop for work, running Windows 7. If I close the browser alone, my history is cleared (as per my settings) and my LastPass extension logs out. However, if I shut my whole system down, the next time I open Brave, my history is still there, LastPass is logged in, and all of my sites open without me logging in.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Shut down or restart laptop
  2. Open Brave

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Gmail opens without logging in, LastPass still logged in
Expected result:
Browser history should be cleared
Reproduces how often:
Always
Brave Version(about:brave):
I’m sorry–for the life of me I can’t find the version number, but I updated it on 10.10.2018
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

Additional Information:

HI @clobdell, thanks for reaching out!
First thing we need to is find that version number, however. So to confirm this, please do the following:

1. Launch brave

2. Open the menu: image

3. If it looks like the image on the left, click About Brave - if it looks like the right, go to Help --> About Brave

From here, you’ll see one of the following screens - I’ve highlighted the proper numbers we’re looking for when it comes to the version you’re running:

Thank you @Mattches. It’s 0.25.2

My pleasure!
First, I think it’d be quite useful to you if to read a bit about how our release schedule works and the differences between our Muon build (this is what you’re using) and our new build Brave Core. I touched on this on a separate topic not too long ago:

Additional resource: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017916752-What-is-the-difference-between-Beta-Dev-and-Release-builds-

Our Muon build (recall that Muon = v0.25.2) had quite a few bugs floating around, but we’ve since depreciated it in favor of Brave-core:

https://brave.com/download

I highly recommend you install the new build and enjoy a much better browsing experience.
It runs in parallel with the Muon version you have installed now, so you don’t have to uninstall or overwrite anything and you can even import data from your previous Brave install into the new build.

That being said, the only thing (with respect to your issue) missing from our new build is the “Erase data on exit option”. This will be implemented in an update, but its not quite ready for deployment. However, clearing your data manually is pretty easy in the meantime and the benefits you get from the new build highly outweigh the “Erase on exit” feature that’s (currently)not present, imo.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns and I’d be more than happy to continue assisting you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.