Brave no longer showing ads despite being enabled

Briefly describe your issue: Sorry, this is not brief. I included as much info as possible.

I noticed today that my browser has not been giving me ads despite them being enabled and being set to a maximum of 10 per hour. After checking my Brave Rewards ad history, I can see that I haven’t received an ad from Brave since October 22nd, I just didn’t notice until now. This was the first device I used with my Brave wallet and the first place I linked to Gemini in September. I successfully received my payout from September for this instance of my wallet so I’m not sure why October didn’t pay out or why I’m no longer getting ads (I had at LEAST 2 BAT earned in October, but my transaction history now says I earned nothing).

I have my Gemini account linked to four Brave Rewards wallets on four different devices. All four successfully paid out for September and the other three (the ones that I am still receiving ads on, not the one I’m reporting an issue with) paid out their correct balances for the month of October. I don’t have any idea why this browser (my most used, conveniently) is not receiving ads anymore.

I have tested sending a notification through the Brave troubleshooter and another test website and it worked just fine. I have changed nothing since I first set up the browser, except for increasing the ad maximum from 5 to 10 when they added that functionality.

I have checked the Rewards Internals page and ‘Ads enabled’ does say ‘true’ and has updated the catalog very recently. I’ve confirmed that I have ads available in my region (about 67 or so as of last night). My key info seed is marked as valid and I have no reason to believe that my wallet has been suspended.

The logs for Brave Rewards are filled with repeated errors of “Token List Empty”, “Claiming Tokens Failed” and “Failed to get Signed Tokens”. All of these are either coming from gemini_wallet.cc or credentials_promotion.cc. I’ve pasted some of the messages at the end of this post. These errors have supposedly been happening ever since I verified my wallet in September, but back then it would happen once or twice every couple days. Now, it is happening every few minutes. Not sure if its relevant but I thought it would be important to include, just in case.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10 21H1 v19043.112348. Brave Version 1.31.91, Chromium 95.0.4638.69
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes, with Gemini
What date did you verify your wallet?
September 9th, 2021
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No. If I do, its to a Chicago VPN and not to another country
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, US.

2 Likes

What some of the errors look like:
[Nov 15, 2021, 4:49:09.1 PM:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[Nov 15, 2021, 4:49:09.1 PM:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed
[Nov 15, 2021, 5:11:11.8 PM:ERROR:refill_unblinded_tokens.cc(232)] Failed to get signed tokens
[Nov 15, 2021, 5:17:40.0 PM:ERROR:refill_unblinded_tokens.cc(232)] Failed to get signed tokens
[Nov 15, 2021, 6:12:24.4 PM:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[Nov 15, 2021, 6:12:24.4 PM:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed
[Nov 15, 2021, 6:12:24.4 PM:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[Nov 15, 2021, 6:12:24.4 PM:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed
[Nov 15, 2021, 6:12:26.1 PM:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[Nov 15, 2021, 6:12:26.1 PM:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed
[Nov 15, 2021, 6:18:05.5 PM:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[Nov 15, 2021, 6:18:05.5 PM:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed

1 Like

Same issue Brave needs to fix it

1 Like

@Mattches Hello, I’m not sure who to tag but saw that you’re someone that is a support user. I never got a response or help for my issue. Do you know if you can or anyone else can help me, please?