Brave Nightly suddenly resets by itself, can't access Uphold anymore

Yesterday when I opened my Nightly browser it was blank as new. I was able to login and get my rewards and everything going. However, it automatically turned on auto-contribution (and I didn’t see) just today to find out that I contributed a few BATs to a random website that I don’t even know if I like.

Plus, I can’t access some of my accounts anymore, as for instance my Uphold wallet. I had to use Chrome to sign in to Uphold this morning. Haven’t tried other accounts yet.

Is that a bug?

UPDATE: Just saw that ALL my Bats were listed to be contributed. That’s very disappointing. I was able to remove most of them, but still, I should be the one to decide this.

Still can’t access Uphold thru Brave Nightly.

Anyone?

@renacaceres,
When you say that you can’t access your accounts anymore, do you mean even visiting uphold.com and trying to sign in (using Brave) is unsuccessful?

Hi @Mattches,

Exactly. When I go to uphold.com I put in my login info and nothing happens, the page doesn’t change.

And now I am not getting any ads anymore… since yesterday.

@renacaceres,

Meaning that after clicking “login” the page remains on that screen, as if you hadn’t clicked login/submit?
Can you tell me what your Shields settings are set to for uphold?

Yes, it just stays in that page. There’s little movement like it’s updating and something is going to happen but it stops and just stays in the same page.

As I mentioned in the first post, the browser apparently reset itself, but before I never had issues to access Uphold

and I am still not getting ads anymore…

thanks for looking into this!

@renacaceres,
Can you try clearing your cache/site data for Uphold? Lock icon image --> Site Settings --> Clear data then try logging in again.

It just worked! Thank you very much @Mattches

I am just not getting ads still, the rest seems to be fine.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.