Brave Nightly Reset Abruptly

Description of the issue:
My Brave Nightly got reset on its own. This is what I see on launching Nightly-

I had Clear data on exit enabled since the beginning so I can’t verify whether my files from User data folder are intact, however, my rewards files appear to be intact although I have lost my all earnings.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. No idea, happened after launching and seems very specific issue to me. I have recently updated to Windows 11 but everything else is just fine.

Expected result:
Not a brand new Nightly.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Brave 1.31.22 Chromium: 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)
Revision ff5c0da2ec0adeaed5550e6c7e98417dac77d98a-refs/branch-heads/4577@{#1135}
OS Windows 10 OS Version 2009 (Build 22449.1000)

brave://version/ says Windows 10 but I have Windows 11.

Additional Information:
confermations.jason file records data since when I have been using Nightly, brave://rewards-internals/ shows Wallet was not yet created but records my previous Promotions and Contributions. Event logs also record data from previous months.

I also have .txt files of logs which records data from yesterday. It contains my Wallet ID as well.
@Mattches @tmancey Please look into it. I will keep Nightly’s state as it is for now.

@Aman_M

Do you recall if everything was all right with Nightly right after you upgraded to Windows 11?

Immediately after upgrading to Windows 11 (yesterday) it was fine, today when I opened it, it got reset.

1 Like

May have had to do with the upgrade. I would also check and confirm that the profile you’re using is the same one you’ve always used (otherwise it may look like your profile was reset).

Also important to remember that Nightly builds are expected to crash and have errors.

My profile is same as earlier. Peculiar that data related to rewards is intact except wallet that’s also reset. If there is no way to recover it then should I continue to use it like before?

@Aman_M would be great if we could have a screen share?

1 Like

@tmancey Ok. Let me know when to proceed.

1 Like

I’m assuming this conversation will be moved to DM. @Aman_M if @tmancey hasn’t reached out to you please feel free to start a DM with him and myself.

@Aman_M Please email tmancey@brave.com with suitable times and I will send a calendar invite. My timezone is GMT-5. Thank you, Terry