Brave nightly no ads

After i updated brave nightly version on both my pc and mobile, NTP ads stopped showing. Its been nearly a week since it started happening, Please give me a solution @Mattches @steeven @Saoiray @tmancey

Hi NTP ads are now frequency capped and may not appear as much as before for users who have joined Rewards.

Ad campaigns vary by country, and by the operating system. In some countries, there may be fewer ads observed throughout the month based on campaign size, delivery pacing, operating systems, content categories, and that advertisers have selected to run their ads to.

As we continue to generate additional demand for countries where Brave Ads are available, the consistency should improve over time.

2 Likes

that means no more ads?
what about reward earnings then?

If you are in a region where we have inventory or you have not exceeded your caps then you will see ads. You will be rewarded for ads you see. Thanks

I am from India. So?

Hi. As above.

Ad campaigns vary by country, and by the operating system. In some countries, there may be fewer ads observed throughout the month based on campaign size, delivery pacing, operating systems, content categories, and that advertisers have selected to run their ads to.

As we continue to generate additional demand for countries where Brave Ads are available, the consistency should improve over time.

2 Likes

I am using brave stable version also , and there ads showing fine. Why only on nightly version it is like this?

This is a new feature that will be in the next release.

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

Staff Software Engineer
Brave Browser

Cayman Islands +1 (345) 323 7710 | UK +44 (0) 7454 469694 | terry@brave.com

1 Like

so that means on brave stable version also ads will be stopped after next update? India Has many ads campaign . Why would brave stop ads in india.

Ads have not been stopped. They are capped for users. You have exceeded your caps. Unlike before you may only see a NTP-SI once per day depending on the advertiser etc.

2 Likes

What are the current restrictions on a user residing in the US?
Or is it only for new users?
What’s the point then to limit the display of ads to 5 or 10 pieces per hour if now an automatic limit is set even on a sponsored image 1 per day.

1 Like

you are right. Whats use of using brave rewards then

Then what’s the use of using brave rewards.

giving option of 10 ads per hour and and showing 1 per day…? what does that mean to users?

Up to 10 ads per hour are for push notification ads. As above ads vary by region and change regularly.

I am not getting push notification ads too. No ads are shown to me after i updated. Please resolve this issue . If ads are not shown after enabling ads then whats the use of enabling ads?

Sorry, jumping in. I would think the NTP ads/day cap would depend on the number of ad campaigns available and the caps set by both the ad campaign and Brave. You may be getting a 1 ad cap/day now because there are not a huge amount of ad campaigns available for your region or for which you are eligible to receive.

I’m thinking if the available ad campaigns increase, so would the number of NTP ads/day. I didn’t see from reading the posts that there is a 1 ad/day cap. I actually didn’t see any number indicated for the cap… maybe I misunderstood?

I’m dreaming of Brave having thousands (lol) of ad campaigns per region available and enough NTP ads displaying I never see my background image! :wink:

I am getting push notifications ads in Nightly and have since a fix was pushed (can’t remember which version). I am using win10. Have you tried troubleshooting?

1 Like

How to troubleshoot? i got push ads only one day now i am not getting after 6th july update.

getting 1 ad per day is worthless.

To submit your logs to us so we can investigate, please follow these instructions :

1. Enable Enable Brave Rewards Verbose logging inside of brave://flags. (Relaunch if prompted)
  2. (If Verbose Logging was already on, please restart your browser)
  3. Go to brave://rewards-internals and click on Logs
  4. Now use the browser, ideally for ~30 minutes, as you normally would.
  5. Return to the logs page and hit the Refresh Button
  6. Download your logs.
  7. Fill out the form on this page and submit the logs → https://upload-support.brave.com/rewards (note that we’re only interested in your Rewards logs — you do not need to provide the Rewards DB information).
  8. Include the case number you are given once you are done submitting your logs.