Brave Nightly Desktop WIndows 10 keeps crashing immediately after starting

Brave Nightly Desktop WIndows 10 keeps crashing immediately after starting. I cannot look at the About screen fast enough to see what version it is. I think it is Chrome 88.1.21.35.

Brave Nightly Desktop WIndows 10 keeps crashing immediately after starting. 2-3 seconds later is closes.

I have the normal (other version of brave) as well. For now I copied the bookmarks over but will fix when it comes self install or do I have to reinstall and loose my basic info from the nightly browser like my BAT and some really basic autofill info?
Thanks

4 Likes

I have this exact problem. I use the latest version of Brave Nightly on the latest version of Windows 10. As soon as I open Brave Nightly it crashes almost instantly.

6 Likes

Same problem here. I have tried to reinstall it but still it crashes instantly.

3 Likes

Same problem here, and my friends & family using the browser. We’re about half a dozen people experiencing this issue right now on the latest brave version.

2 Likes

This is happening to me too. When is Brave support going to fix this?

Thanks for the reports, apologies for the issues. Nightly is having issues atm, fault logged https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/13858

Workaround: brave.exe --brave-stats-updater-server="https://laptop-updates.brave.com"

same here …

|Processor|Intel® Core™ i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|Pen and touch support with 10 touch points|

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎9/‎28/‎2020
OS build 19042.630
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Hi All:

The updater that Ryan (aka fanboynz) worked so I’m back in business. I hope everyone else is too.
Thanks,

I also experienced this. I migrated to the official distro simply because, no offense, but I did not want to sacrifice neither the performance nor the integrity of my machine to provide Brave data on how its browser might have committed the two aforementioned harms.

Nightly is more beta than Brave Beta.

I hope this helps.

I deleted and reinstalled brave nightly and now it works normally

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.