Brave Mobile Instagram Issue

Good day. When I visit Instagram over Brave Mobile on iOS, it won’t let me post a photo when I’m signed into my Instagram account. Visiting Instagram over Safari results in desired operation, but when I click the + button to upload a photo on Instagram over Brave, Brave accesses my photo library as expected, the photo uploads, but when I click “Next” in the Instagram window, nothing happens. It’s as if “Next” is a non-functioning link. This occurs whether or not I have Shields enabled, although on occasion, it works when I disable Shields and reload. Let me know if you need further info and thanks for looking into it.

iOS 13.7
Brave Mobile 1.19.2

Thats weird. So if you disable shields it doesn’t work all the time? Can you check if its working on Safari?

Thanks for the reply. I tested it on Brave mobile again this morning and it worked each time with Shields off. I remember making a special point yesterday to try it with Shields off and it didn’t work. Might’ve just been a temporary hiccup. I suppose then the desired operation would be the ability to post a photo over the Instagram web interface with Shields on Brave mobile.

Posting photos on the Instagram web interface (as opposed to using the app) works 100% of the time on Safari.

Ok thats great. We can try to narrow down the issue if you can do some testing on your end.

If you can try these combinations of shields settings then we can figure out whats causing the issue

1. Default shields settings
  2. Default shields settings but disable ad blocker
  3. Default shields settings but disable fingerprinting
  4. Default shields settings but enable all cookies

Do note you can try with them individually to narrow down if its an issue with cookie/adblocker or fingerprint protection

Thank you.

1. With default shield settings, I click “Next” after photo upload and it does not proceed. Clicking Next results in no further action.

2. With default shield settings and ad blocker disabled, I click “Next” after photo upload and it does not proceed. Clicking Next results in no further action.

3. With default shield settings and fingerprinting protection disabled, I click “Next” after photo upload and it does not proceed. Clicking Next results in no further action.

4. “Block all Cookies” was turned off for each of the above tests.

5. I tried again with Shields turned off completely and it worked as expected. Clicking “Next” brought me to the next screen.

Happy to try other tests. Let me know.

Thanks for running it through. That gives a better picture. Can you try one last check. Can you try loading the page as desktop page instead of mobile page and check if it works?

Going to loop in a dev as well so we can have a better picture of whats going on. cc: @michal to have a look at it

Requesting the desktop site eliminates the ability to post at all, as the post photo button only appears on the mobile site. I switched to the desktop site and am able to navigate it just fine - only it precludes the ability to post, at least as far as I can tell.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.