Brave MetaMask Fails To Load

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. When trying to access my wallet I’m receiving an " Brave encountered an error" message.
  2. This is the stack from the message.
    “Stack:
    Error: Assertion failed
    at n (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:286164)
    at i._initNumber (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:287680)
    at i._init (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:287168)
    at new i (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:286458)
    at new e (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:282562)
    at t.value (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:280399)
    at chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:279356
    at Array.map ()
    at new t (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:279330)
    at chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:3074538
    at chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:3074831
    at vu (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1077908)
    at Fl (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1102803)
    at r.unstable_runWithPriority (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1328644)
    at Xi (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1045560)
    at Nl (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1102559)
    at xl (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1087444)
    at chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1045851
    at r.unstable_runWithPriority (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1328644)
    at Xi (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1045560)
    at Zi (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1045796)
    at Qi (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1045731)
    at Sl (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1087898)
    at cs (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1113490)
    at render (chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui-libs.js:1:1115419)
    at chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/ui.js:1:3584895”

Expected result:
To be able to reject or confirm the transaction

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.15.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

@skiptwiggy - just to clarify, are you seeing this only when trying to send a transaction or in all views?

All views come up with that message. I see that there are pending transactions to reject or confirm in the extension icon on the upper right of the browser but I’m unable to see any details about the wallet.

@skiptwiggy - are you able to relaunch and get the lock screen again? In the meantime, you may be able to re-import your seed phrase to remedy the error

1 Like

I have relaunched Brave and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Brave and each time it gives me the same error. How do I hard delete Brave from my computer so I can get a fresh install because each time I have installed it back on to my desktop it restores all of my tabs that were open before I uninstalled it.

Yes I’m able to get that screen each time and each time when I login in it gives the same error.

Have you tried to “import using account seed phrase”? Or does that give the error as well. I’m just trying to think how to get you back to a good state ahead of a fix from us

Will that reset my wallet addresses? I don’t want to lose the funds in that wallet.

Not in this case, you just would be using your recovery phrase to import your addresses again. That info (balances) is stored on the ETH Blockchain

That worked and thank you. I almost lost the other addresses so I think you should inform people if they do the recovery phrase and don’t have access to the private keys for importing for the other addresses they could lose the funds.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.