Brave makes the OS behave as if the Ctrl button was pressed

Description of the issue:
When I launch Brave it works well for a few seconds, then it behaves as if the Ctrl button was pushed all the time and then this affects the whole system (I can’t close the Brave window, the Alt+Tab shortcut doesn’t work, the right button on the mouse doesn’t work…I need to restart the device. If I don’t launch Brave the device works normally.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
1. Launch Brave
2. Click on a tab or click to open the bookmarks menu , or basically just wait a few seconds

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The system works as if the Ctrl button was pressed all the time.

Expected Result:
Nothing

Reproduces how often:
Always since 30th November 2020

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Latest release to 30th November 2020

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

Additional information:
I’m using Windows 10, this happens only on one of the laptops I own, on the other everything works well, on my mobile too (Android). I tried to uninstall Brave and install it again, it didn’t help.

Hi @Cianolu, Welcome to Community!
Have you tested this on other browsers?
If Brave is open and the window is minimised does the OS still have problems when using other apps?

Hello Aa-ron,
I can use other browsers (e.g. Firefox) and other programs (MS Office and others) with no issues unless I launch Brave. Tomorrow I’m gonna try with the minimised window, I don’t have this device here with me now.

Thanks @Cianolu, yes let us know

Hello Aa-ron,
sorry for the late response. I tried to minimise the window and the result is the same. Also if I click on a link in a document (word, excel, outlook…) and Brave launches (it’s set as my default browser), the issue appears as well.

Can you open the on screen keyboard, does it show the ctrl key being pressed?

Well, it seems that this was the problem, but I have no clue how this happened, as I never use the screen keyboard.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your support.

1 Like

@Cianolu, glad it helped!