Brave loses all sessions and some saved passwords on close/restart

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open any website and login with selected “remember me”
  2. Close Brave (kill with killall brave after closing)
  3. Reopen and revisit the site
  4. Sometimes the session will persist, sometimes not. Oftentimes the saved passwords will be gone as well.

Expected result:

I want to not have to relog every time I close the browser.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.59.124 Chromium: 118.0.59993.117 64-bit

Additional Information: I don’t have any extensions installed, and I don’t have the setting to clear cookies and sessions on close enabled.

1 Like

This is becoming annoying. Every now and then I lose all session on websites, and have to re-log into all of them, redo 2FA, etc. This usually happens in the most inconvenient times when I need to use the site urgently (which is why I want to stay logged into them at first place).

I’m not using any setting to clear cookies or settings either. Definitely I’m not killing any process or doing anything fancy – just leave the computer on and the browser open all the time and often out of sudden I’m logged out of a website. This also happens on some private sites I develop where I know there’s no session timeout.

Linux Version 1.60.110 Chromium: 119.0.6045.105 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I’ve stopped using Brave and moved to Vivaldi because of this bug. It’d be nice if it were fixed, though, or at least someone could suggest steps to investigate it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.