Brave lockup on two financial sites

Description of the issue:
On two financial web sites: Discover.com and Ameriprise.com, when I load the main page for login, the browser waits for a long time before responding. It then asks if I want to wait. Eventually, the wait pays off and I can log in. When doing the same thing on Google Chrome, there is no such lag, ever.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
The step is to simply type discover.com in the url line and return. Note that you cannot type anything into the login box. Same with ameriprise.com. If I respond to the 'waiting
dialog with exit page, it goes to ‘Aw, snap’
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Should allow page interaction immediately as it does in Chrome.

Reproduces how often:
Every time on Brave. Never on Chrome.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.32.113 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (x86_64)
MacOS 10.14.6

Additional Information:
I tried turning off “little snitch”, removing all of the ad block stuff within Brave and clearing everything in Privacy and Security to no effect.

@aapple1944,
Thank you for reaching out.
While testing on my end, the site doesn’t freeze but it does take a few seconds to be able to interact with the site. I assumed that Shields was causing the issue, but adjusting Shields settings does not appear to have any effect. Let me reach out to the web compat. team about this for more information.

cc @fanboynz

Yes, your description matches my experience. Sorry, I did not find the
correct wording for what was happening. This has happened over
a period of at least a week, so it is not particularly intermittent. Thank-you.

When browsing through the sites, does it show any blocked 127.0.0.1:xxx requests in Ads/tracking shields? @aapple1944

Yes. I am having a similar experience. I can use Firefox with no issues.

Does switching to Aggressive mode help on any of these sites?

No, 127.0.0.1 does not appear in shields blocking.
Turning off shields has no effect.

Oddly, yes, switching to aggressive mode does seem to fix the problem. :slight_smile:

Does adding this discover.com,ameriprise.com##+js(acis, tmx_post_session_params_fixed) into brave://adblock (in standard shields mode).

No, fanboynz, your suggestion did not fix it in standard mode. Nice try tho.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.